PDA

View Full Version : So Indiana BBQ Assoc-- looking for members

Scuffletown Smokers
04-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Hey everyone just trying to spread the word. We are trying to expand the southern indiana bbq association. We will have 7 to 10 competitions this year with points standings. Rules will be similar to kcbs but not exact. Backyard and pros welcome! We would to expand this into the tri-state area(IN,KY,IL). Let me know if you are interested

The Pigman
04-24-2014, 03:34 AM
The tri state area oh, ky, ind. already have a lot of established KCBS Cookoffs. Don't know if you will get any takers.

Scuffletown Smokers
04-24-2014, 07:22 AM
We already have 10 or so and have been doing this for a couple years. Very laid back, no dues. Just anyone that wants to compete. Also for those who might not want to put forth the money required to do kcbs. We did a small comp last weekend that was chicken and ribs. The total entry was $40.

Indybbq
04-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Sounds interesting, is there a website to get more info? I'm in Indianapolis.

shagnasty
04-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Id be willing to try a comp with you guys.

Scuffletown Smokers
04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Sounds interesting, is there a website to get more info? I'm in Indianapolis.

No website yet, like I said we don't collect dues at this point but PM me and we can exchange phone numbers and email. We would love to have members near Indy and have comps up there as well.

Scuffletown Smokers
04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Id be willing to try a comp with you guys.

Great! We are planning our next one right now.

We will have several during the course of the summer but I am running one on August 9th in boonville indiana at the local country club. It's a benefit and competition. All proceeds going to someone I know that needs a kidney transplant.

sfisch
04-24-2014, 01:01 PM
The Great Lakes bbq assn has 4 qualifying contests in Indiana as part of our team of the year contest. How can we get info on what you are doing so we can relay it to our members.
Thanks.