PDA

View Full Version : Easter Smoke

delarob
04-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Did a semi boneless ham and a bunch of sausage with bacon wrapped chicken. UDS worked better than it ever has.

MikeR
04-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Looks good, bet it tasted great!

SmokinM
04-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Well done! Do you use chicken breast or thighs for the bacon wrap?

Big George's BBQ
04-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Very Nice :thumb:

sliding_billy
04-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Good looking pile of meat.

delarob
04-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Well done! Do you use chicken breast or thighs for the bacon wrap?

I was going to use boneless, skinless thighs but, if you can believe it, boneless chicken breast were cheaper. :shocked: Just cut them in thirds. I also bought slab bacon and sliced it myself but I think I could have gotten better coverage if I had bought precut. I loaned my slicer to a friend (I know, should not have done that) and it was missing the safety guard when I took it out of the box. Was trying not to add bacon wrapped fingers to the smoke.

delarob
04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Early pic of my UDS. I had to shorten the intake pipe which is why it is not shown here and I ran the temp probe through the side since this pic.

cowgirl
04-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Your Easter dinner looks great!! Nice looking drum too!

SmokinM
04-23-2014, 08:00 AM
I was going to use boneless, skinless thighs but, if you can believe it, boneless chicken breast were cheaper. :shocked: Just cut them in thirds. I also bought slab bacon and sliced it myself but I think I could have gotten better coverage if I had bought precut. I loaned my slicer to a friend (I know, should not have done that) and it was missing the safety guard when I took it out of the box. Was trying not to add bacon wrapped fingers to the smoke.

I actually prefer chicken thighs over breast as well. Regardless an awesome looking dinner and a fine UDS as well.

Enrico Brandizzi
04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Great looking meat!

delarob
04-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Many thanks. Here is, was, the finished ham. I also baked a cpl loaves of bread. Chili cheese and garlic parmesian.

In the little pan was a glaze i threw together just playing around.

Honey, maple syrup, rum, apple juice and a cpl spoons of apricot preserves.