PDA

View Full Version : Spare part help needed with BBQ Galore Grand Turbo

groston
04-20-2014, 11:49 PM
All,

Thank you for allowing me to join your community.

We purchased a Barbeques Galore Grand Turbo grill (model B3807ANG) in Oct 2007. After six years of heavy use, some of the ceramic briquettes failed, so I contacted BBQ Galore to purchase replacements. They no longer sell them. :sad:

The attached photo shows the existing briquettes in their holder. The grill has a total of 54 of these briquettes, each measuring 2 1/2" x 3". There are a total of three holders, each being 11 1/4" x 17 1/4".

When I spoke with BBQ Galore today, they told me that my only option was to buy a new holder for $138 and twelve of the new style briquettes for $15 apiece, for a grand total of $318. This seems like an obscene amount of money to pay for these items.

So, my question to you - is there a better option? Ideally, I would like to buy 54 briquettes which are the same size as the original ones, but I am open to other creative options.

(As an unrelated side note - the grill is not as well constructed as BBQ Galore would want you to believe. While the entire outside is stainless, many of the interior parts are not, and rust is becoming an issue. For example, the drawer slides have become so rusted, they will not open and it took quite a bit of fighting to remove them. Any suggestions for an all stainless replacement slider?)