PDA

View Full Version : hot dog truck!?

rookiedad
06-19-2006, 08:41 AM
hi,
i have access to a hot dog truck on the weekend of grill kings! it has steam tables, refridgerator, four sinks and a work area. it is recently build and as of now has not been inspected( i don't even know if that is a requirement). it has a bathroom and sleep area as well and is mostly propane powered. my question is about using it in competition. can i enter grill kings and just roll this truck onto a spot with a few wsm's and compete like that? do i need to set up the tent and wash stations coolers and work station outside as well?
this would be my first competition so any information you can provide would be great. thanks!

phil

Jorge
06-19-2006, 08:48 AM
hi,
i have access to a hot dog truck on the weekend of grill kings! it has steam tables, refridgerator, four sinks and a work area. it is recently build and as of now has not been inspected( i don't even know if that is a requirement). it has a bathroom and sleep area as well and is mostly propane powered. my question is about using it in competition. can i enter grill kings and just roll this truck onto a spot with a few wsm's and compete like that? do i need to set up the tent and wash stations coolers and work station outside as well?
this would be my first competition so any information you can provide would be great. thanks!

phil

I don't know why not, provided it fits in your space AND you aren't using the propane to cook.

Jeff_in_KC
06-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Heck yeah Phil! What Jorge said! Seems to me that it would be the perfect set up for ease, comfort and convenience. As long as it fits, I'd say give it a shot! Be sure to post some pictures in use when you're done.

Sawdustguy
06-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Absolutely yes. I am actually trying to put one of these trailers together. It really makes things easier. Best of luck.

Sledneck
06-19-2006, 01:35 PM
hi,

phil

Phil, if it has air conditioning you may bring it. I will make sure that it can be used but you have to park it next to my space :wink:

Sawdustguy
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
If it does have air conditioning Dean of the Grill Kings asked me personally to inspect it and monitor the temperature inside the truck during the hottest time of the day. He also asked me to make sure there is a lounge chair and plenty of beer in the truck during monitoring time so I can carry out this most important task.:wink: :cool: :biggrin:

smokincracker
06-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Ask Dr. Ray BBQ That is what he uses and works good for him.

drbbq
06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, sure you can use it. Like Jimmy said I have a concession trailer that I use all the time. You can't use the steam table but the frig is a real plus.