PDA

View Full Version : Slicing a Chuck Roast

DanB
04-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi All OK here is what I got a 3 lb Bottom Boneless Chuck Roast.I was thinking of slicing from small end.
Bottom Chuck Roast,1. what is it? 2.What part of the chuck roll.
Going to DO it just like a Brisket
The reason I'm asking all these questions, If it comes really GOOD! I'd be looking into buying a whole Chuck Roll, about 20 lbs and cut it into quarters.
Thanks Dan

Shagdog
04-04-2014, 01:35 PM
On a chuckie like that, I believe the grain goes top to bottom, so it shouldn't matter which side you slice it on..

SmittyJonz
04-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Some of mine sliced nice and some didn't - seems grain can be all kinds of directions

DanB
04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Hi The grain is what I was worried about.
Thanks Dan

IamMadMan
04-04-2014, 08:51 PM
On a chuckie like that, I believe the grain goes top to bottom, so it shouldn't matter which side you slice it on..

Yes.....

bigabyte
04-04-2014, 11:47 PM
That is a chuck roast. Check out this video. Your cut is the two inch sections he refers to as roasts. This might be helpful when you buy your chuck roll too...although simply cooking the whole chuck roll is quite an experience in and of itself.

http://youtu.be/CsbKORrodc8

DanB
04-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi Here are the results of the chuck roast..Not too crazy about the way it came out, slicing was disaster, with the grains all over the place. Taste was good could have been little more tender and juciy.

Probe went in good at 205* looked nice and moist..Rested 1/2 hr in foil, with the juices.

To sum it up, I don't think I'll be running to Restaurant Depot and picking up a 20 lb chuck roll.

Thanks Dan

SmittyJonz
04-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Some of mine sliced nice and some didn't - seems grain can be all kinds of directions

Hi Here are the results of the chuck roast..Not too crazy about the way it came out, slicing was disaster, with the grains all over the place.
Thanks Dan

If you smoke them for 2-3 hrs then chunk them in a Crock pot with Taters n Onions n Carrots and some Beef Broth n Lipton Onion Soup mix for 6-8 more hours they are Deliscous!

DanB
04-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi I was looking for some thing to just slice, like brisket.
THanks DanB