PDA

View Full Version : Is Butcher BBQ Still In Buisness?

SmokinGrillz
03-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation. I purchased 140.00 worth of product from their website back in early December and I still haven't received what I paid for. I've contacted them a couple of times and they said the first time it got lost in the mail, the second time they said customs parerwork wasn't filled out properly. I've asked a couple of times for tracking numbers as I have never had an issue getting rubs and sauces into Canada. The last contact I've had with them was in January and my package was being sent out the following week. Here we are two months later and still no merchandise. I sent a email requesting a refund three weeks ago and still no reply. I think it may be too late to go after PayPal for a refund - I don't know. Kinda thinking I got screwed.

columbia1
03-26-2014, 03:44 PM
I have had no problems!
I can understand shipping problems though when shipping to another county

Boston Smoker
03-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Ordered a few injections about a month ago and they arrived within a week. Was actually planning to reload.

ButtBurner
03-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Shipping problems are one thing, but the lack of communication is what would concern me.

I would at least contact Paypal, you might be suprised

SmokinGrillz
03-26-2014, 04:26 PM
I wasn't gonna bring this up on here and call it a learning experience. The more I though about it, there may be others in a similar situation. Thanks guys.

TroyA65
03-26-2014, 04:37 PM
I just got some Butcher BBQ injection from BBQSuperstore with no problems.

Vision
03-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Dave is great and doing well as far as I see. He's responded to my emails quickly.

ckelly
03-26-2014, 06:06 PM
He is very much in business.
I just got an e-mail back from him a minute ago about a question I had.

HookedOnQ
03-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Never delt with them but I do know he's a member of the brethren. Hopefully they will get stright with you on your purchase. I can understand problems with shipping to another country but three months seems like a bit much and the communication problem would really bother me

Butcher BBQ
03-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Just to let everyone know I have sent him an email and PM's and he is not returning mine. Yea were in biz and I bet a few people would like to see this thread be real even. Not only are we in biz I have 3 new items being tested right now we hope to bring out thru the 2014 year. See you down the BBQ trail.

Wolverine
03-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Not a problem at all got my order in two days. I do know EVERYTHING leaving the US is under scrutiny. I don't think they want you to send it to Russia, sanctions ya know.

pigmaker23
03-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation. I purchased 140.00 worth of product from their website back in early December and I still haven't received what I paid for. I've contacted them a couple of times and they said the first time it got lost in the mail, the second time they said customs parerwork wasn't filled out properly. I've asked a couple of times for tracking numbers as I have never had an issue getting rubs and sauces into Canada. The last contact I've had with them was in January and my package was being sent out the following week. Here we are two months later and still no merchandise. I sent a email requesting a refund three weeks ago and still no reply. I think it may be too late to go after PayPal for a refund - I don't know. Kinda thinking I got screwed.

Not the place to or forum to stir the pot with false pretense.

Butcher BBQ
03-26-2014, 08:49 PM

No not saying what he has said is all false. I haven't completed his order. Reason ( just like you said not for the internet) to be detailed. I am trying to refund his order and waiting for him to respond. I do appreciate all the PM's and emails telling me about this post.

I don't like having even this one customer unhappy, we ship an average of 1,000 packages a month , multiply this times 12 month a year, and I have one customer that post with a problem. Yea its not my game and it is on my paid page, but I will not ask to have it removed be cause this is just doing business. I hope he does reply to my PM's or email so I can give you a full refund.

SmokinGrillz
03-26-2014, 10:06 PM

No, I agree. But the last email I received was on Jan 9/14. The last email I sent out was March 7/14 requesting a refund.

SmokinGrillz
03-26-2014, 10:06 PM
No not saying what he has said is all false. I haven't completed his order. Reason ( just like you said not for the internet) to be detailed. I am trying to refund his order and waiting for him to respond. I do appreciate all the PM's and emails telling me about this post.

I don't like having even this one customer unhappy, we ship an average of 1,000 packages a month , multiply this times 12 month a year, and I have one customer that post with a problem. Yea its not my game and it is on my paid page, but I will not ask to have it removed be cause this is just doing business. I hope he does reply to my PM's or email so I can give you a full refund.

PM returned.

kpq
03-27-2014, 07:50 AM
done with! over!:clap2: oh by the way if he ordered any Honey rub send it my way GOOD STUFF!

SmokinGrillz
03-27-2014, 10:49 AM
done with! over!:clap2: oh by the way if he ordered any Honey rub send it my way GOOD STUFF!

Not quite! 143.49 for product, 99.50 for shipping for a total of 242.99. Refund given was 150.00!

Butcher BBQ
03-27-2014, 03:23 PM

As you can read YOU stated $140. My files have been purged since the first of the year for tax purposes. I took your word on this. I send you the difference now. Enjoy your evening and I wish you a good BBQ cooking career.

bander7003
03-27-2014, 03:37 PM
I have 3 new items being tested right now we hope to bring out thru the 2014 year. See you down the BBQ trail.

Can't wait to see what they are. Honey Rub is a stable in my house... like salt and pepper. Love the stuff and the service.

Uncle Buck
03-27-2014, 06:35 PM
I have never had a problem with Butcher BBQ!! I have ordered several times and his products are awesome!!

cpw
03-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Same here. Dave has always responded to my emails without a hitch.

Pitmaster T
03-27-2014, 09:14 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand again.... pitmaker really was at the houston livestock show and rodeo.

chambersuac
03-28-2014, 12:52 AM
I haven't tried Butcher's products, yet. Lord willing, that'll happen down the line. However, I've been a member of the Brethren for a number of years and have competed a couple of years. I have personally talked to people who use their products and have read a lot of things about their products and their service on the Brethren. Until now, I have never heard a single bad thing about Butchers. In fact, I hear a lot of good things about them.

Maybe I should keep outta this since I've never personally used their stuff, but I believe in standing up for a good company's reputation - especially a Brethren's business...and their reputation is excellent.

If anyone is reading this thread trying to determine whether or not to order from Butchers, please do a quick search on this site and see how many avid fans they have.

nucornhusker
03-28-2014, 07:12 AM
To piggyback on Dan's comment, David has always been nothing but excellent to me as well. I'm not sure what the mixup was here, but don't hesitate one second to do business with David. He's a top notch guy and top notch businessman with top notch products. I'm sorry to hear the OP had an issue.

BBQchef33
03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Since a dialog has now opened with both folks and Dave is making good on his customers requests, please have further discussion via PM until closure.

Im sure it will come to and amicable end.

The management.

:mrgreen: