PDA

View Full Version : What kind of water heater in cargo trailer?

cpw
03-21-2014, 08:31 AM
For those of you who have water packages in their vending/comp trailers, what kind are you using? Propane or electric? Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!
Chad

pwa
03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
a small 5 gallon(or similar sized) electric, the biggest reason is cost and availability of parts. No matter were you travel if they have a Home Depot or Lowes you can get the elements, reliefs , pretty much everything and there cheap.

Clint

HookEcho
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I also carry a Coleman portable camp water heater thingy, but I had that before the toy hauler

Teleking
03-21-2014, 07:04 PM
a small 5 gallon(or similar sized) electric, the biggest reason is cost and availability of parts. No matter were you travel if they have a Home Depot or Lowes you can get the elements, reliefs , pretty much everything and there cheap.

Clint

IMO any electric heater will max a generator out. Don't own a trailer but do have an on demand propane heater for the house. Hangs on the wall and pumps out hot water till the propane runs out. Sparks on a 110 outlet that won't tax a gen.

Cheers

bwsy2k
03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
I use a on demand propane heater. Works like a champ. I could also use it during emergency situations. Here is the one I have
Amazon.com: Eccotemp L10 High Capacity Outdoor Tankless Water Heater: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31chsKoMIGL.@@AMEPARAM@@31chsKoMIGL

wjwheeler
03-21-2014, 09:26 PM
It's convenient to have an electric for washing hands. They use a lot of current and produce very little hot water. The demand hot water heater is the way to go. You can buy one for $150 that needs to be mounted outside. We use one at cook class and wash lots of dishes.

cpw
03-22-2014, 05:47 AM
I use a on demand propane heater. Works like a champ. I could also use it during emergency situations. Here is the one I have
Amazon.com: Eccotemp L10 High Capacity Outdoor Tankless Water Heater: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/Eccotemp-L10-Capacity-Outdoor-Tankless/dp/B002JLSH5S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1395448233&sr=8-8&keywords=Ecco+temp)

How did you mount/plumb it to the trailer? We have one of the cheaper Eco temp outdoor shower ones that we currently use, I just wasn't sure about mounting and plumbing it to the outside of the trailer.