PDA

View Full Version : Tappacue

Sammy_Shuford
03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
http://www.tappecue.com/

OK, Today is my Birthday, and could think of nothing more I needed or wanted worse than this unit.

Yes, I know the CyberQ and other units aren't much more. BUT both my cookers have temp control systems, and this unit completes both units.

I can monitor temps while at Bible Study, shopping, or at work.

And graphing the Pit vs meat temp should be interesting!

Great reviews and customer support.

Ron_L
03-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Happy Birthday!

cowgirl
03-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Happy Birthday!

dwfisk
03-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Happy BD, please let us know how it works for you.

RAIDERKEVINBBQ
03-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Happy birthday all month!!

PDPatterson
03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Happy birthday! That is a really slick setup, but you really can't do an appple to apple comparison to the CyberQ. The Tappecue only monitors and records temp, but does not control temp like the CyberQ. So, while you can monitor temps from a remote location, it's not quite set it and forget it like a automatic temp controller. I'm not a BBQ Guru/CyberQ spokesman. Mainly because I'm too cheap so I built my own automatic temp controller. :grin: But, I see you already have a temp controller(s), so you are good to go.

clweed
03-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Happy Birthday,

I gave up on my Tappecue and ordered the cyberq wifi.

It worked a few times but most of the time it will not stay locked on the wifi signal. I installed a booster outside and have no problems with the ipad or sonos picking up the signal.

The probes fit loose in the jacks and are all over the place, I couldn't figure out why my brisket temp shot up so fast and stayed there. I moved the probe to another jack and got a completely different reading.

PaPaQ
03-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Happy Birthday!

martyleach
03-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Well Happy Birthday to one of my newer custom handle buyer and on of my most recent. Glad you are still part of this great forum.