PDA

View Full Version : wGrill 2, initial impressions

cpw
02-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Got my wgrill2 in the mail the other day. I'd say so far so good. I was able to connect directly to the device through ad-hoc mode immediately using my iPhone (similar to the guru). What I thought was a faulty probe turned out to be the probes not snapped all the way in. The construction of the device seems to be pretty solid, but I have had trouble with some of the buttons. Either I am pushing on them too hard or I just haven't figured out the right touch yet.

Getting it connected to regular wifi is pretty straightforward, and thanks to Amigatec's help, I was able to get it connected after several tries. It turned out that I needed to capitalize my wifi network name and once I did that it connected right away, and I've had it plugged in ever since. If you want to check out a live temp read of my dining room floor, it's here: http://98.244.172.87:8010/

So far the only drawback is the confusing documentation, and the website read out. It's not very mobile friendly, and could use some tweaking to work better on a phone (which I would imagine 90% of people who will be using this will be checking the temps on).

I'm going to put it through it's paces this weekend at a comp and come back with a full report.

peeps
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Nice and cool in your house! :wink:

I have considered his ATC's since the price is really nice, but still considering building my own.

cpw
02-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Nice and cool in your house! :wink:

I have considered his ATC's since the price is really nice, but still considering building my own.

I was glad to be able to get it hooked up to the apple wifi. I have a Stoker and haven't been able to connect it since I switched routers (my old belkin router was a piece of junk that had to be rebooted once a day).