PDA

View Full Version : Couple pizza's

jsperk
02-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Not the greatest pics. I really need to get better with taking pics. My kitchen lighting is half the problem. Then if I use flash it's to bright.

Maybe my sony camera is better than my phone camera. I will dig that out.

Any ways one regular pie and maybe my favorite pizza to make, Detroit style pizza.

chambersuac
02-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Looks great. What did ya cook it on? What makes it Detroit style?

jsperk
02-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Looks great. What did ya cook it on? What makes it Detroit style?

Thanks. I used my Black Stone pizza oven.

Detroit style is like a thicker pizza (Sicilian type) baked in steel pan with oil to get a bit of a fried dough on bottom and the cheese charred on the sides. I use a blue steel pizza pan but if you don't have use any steel pan you have.

sliding_billy
02-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Good looking pie.

chambersuac
02-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks. I used my Black Stone pizza oven.

Detroit style is like a thicker pizza (Sicilian type) baked in steel pan with oil to get a bit of a fried dough on bottom and the cheese charred on the sides. I use a blue steel pizza pan but if you don't have use any steel pan you have.

Looks good, but the only way I can be sure is for you to deliver a couple of those down here. I'll review them for you here. I'm really doing YOU a favor, if ya think about it! :razz:

legendaryhog
02-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Oh, I thought Detroit style was when the pizza declares bankruptcy..... oh, that joke is so bad. :wacko:

CharredApron
02-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Good looking pies right there! I could go for some of that right now!

cowgirl
02-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Wow that looks good!

bbqgeekess
02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Nice :)

jsperk
02-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Looks good, but the only way I can be sure is for you to deliver a couple of those down here. I'll review them for you here. I'm really doing YOU a favor, if ya think about it! :razz:

If your near Fischer, TX I will bring you one in October.

I will be vising Texas for the first time.

Wish I had time to explore some but I'm just in town for the weekend for a wedding.