PDA

View Full Version : Bacon wrapped pork chops.

khs282
02-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a good bacon wrapped pork chop recipe? I have never done it before and want to try it.

Scottbw1
02-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Does the bacon help to keep the pork chop moist, because I have never been able to cook a pork chop that wasn't dry. I can cook pork loins fine but never chops.

peeps
02-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Does the bacon help to keep the pork chop moist, because I have never been able to cook a pork chop that wasn't dry. I can cook pork loins fine but never chops.Pull 'em sooner! USDA recommendation is 145°F and a 3 min rest. I have never had a dry chop since following that. Some pull even sooner than that.

Johns1959
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
If your goal is to make the pork moist, try brining it. I have had great success with getting juicy chops and loin roasts. I brine them in a simple brine of salt (3/4 cup), peppercorns (a few dozen), brown sugar (3/4 cup), and bay leaf (4-5) in water (1 - 1.5 gal). Brine chops for several hours and roasts overnight in the fridge. I typically pull mine at around 150 and rest for 10 min.

If you want to wrap in bacon - do that too. I typically par cook my bacon (1 min on high in the microwave) before wrapping it on the meat. You can wrap around the outside of a chop and secure with toothpicks (like a filet mignon) or prepare a lattice for the outside of a roast...

Regards,

John