PDA

View Full Version : hollywood here i come

Pigs on The Run
05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi guys , I was able to do a couple of spots on our local morning show . Click on unusual grilling tips.Our motivation was to promote good BBQ in our area. They were great! Hope you will all enjoy it.
JOHN
http://www.charlottesvillenewsplex.tv/home/headlines/2890226.html

WWW.PIGSONTHERUN.COM (http://WWW.PIGSONTHERUN.COM)

cmcadams
05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I noticed they talked about ABTs, but wouldn't name them by their "proper" name!

Pigs on The Run
05-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I noticed they talked about ABTs, but wouldn't name them by their "proper" name!
Good catch. I geuss I was chicken. LOL
www.pigsontherun.com (http://www.pigsontherun.com)

icemn62
05-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Good job on the spots. did you get any calls from them yet? Now I want a rib eye, just because you had one.

BBQchef33
05-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, ya got good mention of the Fattie..that was cool!! ( which BigDog came up with the moniker.).. but NO TURDS!!!! u wuss. :wink: :twisted: :biggrin:

can I have your autograph?

Ron_L
05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Nice job!

Pigs on The Run
05-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys. I havent posted on another forum because I didnt want ed to get grilled. They had to asked me for my phone number. In fact this the second spot I have done for them. I truly want to promote good BBQ in my area.
Thanks
John

JohnMcD348
05-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey great job man. I'm sitting here at work watching the spots and people are crowding around me asking all sorts of questions about what you had going on. They couldn't believe me when I told them what the real name for the stuffed peppers were.

CarbonToe
05-31-2006, 04:26 AM

Censorships funny, One thing I noticed on US TV thats shown over here is that they always censor 'the bird' but you can stick V's up at people which don't get censored (which in the UK is as offensive, but as a nation we aren't as sensitive)!!!

When I was over on holiday I noticed that whatever the time any nudity is edited out with a chainsaw but shootings and drug taking were mostly uncensored!!! Strange :eek:

parrothead
05-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Censorships funny, One thing I noticed on US TV thats shown over here is that they always censor 'the bird' but you can stick V's up at people which don't get censored (which in the UK is as offensive, but as a nation we aren't as sensitive)!!!

When I was over on holiday I noticed that whatever the time any nudity is edited out with a chainsaw but shootings and drug taking were mostly uncensored!!! Strange :eek:
You can say that again.

BOT. Cool! T.V. coverage of the fattie! Some day they will have to track the orogin of the fattie to the brethren.

The_Kapn
05-31-2006, 09:31 AM
You can say that again.

BOT. Cool! T.V. coverage of the fattie! Some day they will have to track the orogin of the fattie to the brethren.

That would be great!

But, I have it on good authority (DRBBQ) that the smoked log sausages have been around for many, many years.

We might lay claim to the moniker though--hope so :lol:

TIM

Arlin_MacRae
05-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Awesome. I've only seen the first two so far but - great job!

CharlieBeasley
05-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Great Job looked good and gets folks thinking!

bbqbull
05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
I had a nice article published in the local paper abt bbq. I would post it if anybody was interested. Problem is I dont have a clue how to do that. I do have the link if anybody could tell me how.
I did it to promote Q as we know it. I sure as heck didnt want my name or pic in the paper.
Mike

Solidkick
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks for being a fine ambassador of our hobby! Nice job!

Pigs on The Run
05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
I posted on another forum and a guy went after me. Thanks to everyone for being straight up.
John

Kevin
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm cookin marinated sirloin steaks in the smoker tonight "ala Pigs on The Run TV spot". Just giving you a hard time John. It will be the first time I've smoked them though. And ya done good!

Pigs on The Run
05-31-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm cookin marinated sirloin steaks in the smoker tonight "ala Pigs on The Run TV spot". Just giving you a hard time John. It will be the first time I've smoked them though. And ya done good!
Thanks Kevin.
I have guys argue about smoked steak but I have made believers out of my friends. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks a million to everyone. Every one has been very positive. I really dont want to be a know it all. I just want the people in my area have a clue of what BBQ is.
John

Brauma
05-31-2006, 09:17 PM
I posted on another forum and a guy went after me. Thanks to everyone for being straight up.
John

Im so glad Im not on any other BBQ forums. Sounds like a stuck-up time.

Im looking forward to watching the vids John. Im at work now and cant view em.

Brauma
06-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Thats awesome man!! I liked (in part 2) when you told her you'd give her your tongs. I think she got a thrill! Good stuff John. Congrats again on the Grand Championship.

Pigs on The Run
06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
thanks we had a great time. Hopoe to see you again. If you are in the area give me a call.
John
Thats awesome man!! I liked (in part 2) when you told her you'd give her your tongs. I think she got a thrill! Good stuff John. Congrats again on the Grand Championship.:-D