PDA

View Full Version : New cookingchamper

hoogy
02-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Hello All, Been a long time since I posted. My question is my old cooking chamber is a 175 gallon fuel tank. I have done a few mods on it. Now time to get rid of it and make a nice chamber. Thinking of having something like the stumps reverse flow. Straight up the back and side and slant the front towards the back. My cooking area now is 42 x 42.I need to have more cooking area.So just trying to figure out what size to make it. I was thinking of going 44" deep on bottom 50" long the top depth would be 24" deep. The height would be 36" tall. I have cooked butter fly pigs on here. Have to take the head off. So what I am questioning is there a big difference cooking a butterflied pig to doing them in the running dog or dog laying position. And also will be adding shelves. How much room to give between the shelves? Was thinking of giving at least 9 inches of clearance. For pork Butts Then adding a shelf support at midway for more shelfs for doing brisket of chicken. What do you all think of this Idea. Thanks Scott From Vermont

cowgirl
02-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Butterflied pigs cook a little faster than racer style. Could you make the shelves removable?

hoogy
02-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes all shelfs will be removable