PDA

View Full Version : What To Do On A Snowy Day??

DanB
02-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Hi All Well here in North New Jersey, the white stuff has come back.
So I decided if I was going to be home all day, might as well get some ribs done.They were headed for the smoker till the snow came.
Second best option was the oven. A little oil,lots of smoked Paprika and some Texas BBQ rub. Into the oven at 275*
Here are some pics.
DanB

sliding_billy
02-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a plan to me.

cowgirl
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't remember the last time I saw ribs in an oven.
Good luck with the cook, looking forward to your after pics.
Hope the weather warms up for you too!

jafo28
02-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Looks good, just don't break your back shoveling. I just came in from it and it is heavy stuff, not like the last few storms we've had. I miss the powder.

DanB
02-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi I have a snow blower that does most of the work,very little to shovel.:grin:
A pic of the ribs going into the foil, with butter/agave/brown sugar/applejuice & cider
Dan

Big George's BBQ
02-03-2014, 01:07 PM
If doing ribs throw on the smoker Dont need much of a path to get to it Looking forward to your results

DanB
02-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Hi All There are done....Still snowing here.
DanB

Garrett
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
They look good. How did the taste and texture turn out for you?

Fwismoker
02-03-2014, 04:17 PM
I'd eat those ribs no matter where they were cooked...lookin tasty.

That said, Smokers don't work in the snow?:noidea:

DanB
02-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Looks good, just don't break your back shoveling. I just came in from it and it is heavy stuff, not like the last few storms we've had. I miss the powder.

WOW!!!! Your right about the snow..Worst I've seen in a looooong time. Even the snow blower had trouble with it. Had to do my side walk and my neighbors 3 x to get the snow/mush off.
Haven't tasted the ribs yet, but they look good.
DanB

jafo28
02-03-2014, 04:50 PM
WOW!!!! Your right about the snow..Worst I've seen in a looooong time. Even the snow blower had trouble with it. Had to do my side walk and my neighbors 3 x to get the snow/mush off.
Haven't tasted the ribs yet, but they look good.
DanB

I knew my snowblower wouldn't handle it. It's one of those small single stage jobs.

Ribs look awesome, now i'm hungry.

DanB
02-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi All The ribs were very good, nice texture n tatse, could have been alittle more moist.Best part was that hey DIDN'T taste fatty.
Jafo28: I got to finish getting rid of snow today.. More expected for tomorrow.
DanB
PS I used the 3-2-05 method for the ribs.

aawa
02-04-2014, 08:15 AM
That snow looks to be perfectly fine weather to cook on the smoke pits outside!

Just sayin :p

Great looking ribs

DanB
02-04-2014, 08:21 AM
That snow looks to be perfectly fine weather to cook on the smoke pits outside!

Just sayin :p

Great looking ribs
Hi My area were I do my smoking is covered with 8" snow. NO way I can move my COS to that area. Did miss the smoke tatse in the ribs.

Dreggs
02-04-2014, 08:21 AM
http://www.weather.com/travel/breathtaking-photos-coldest-city-world-20140128

Fwismoker
02-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Hi My area were I do my smoking is covered with 8" snow. NO way I can move my COS to that area. Did miss the smoke tatse in the ribs.

This is all the more reason to have more than one type of smoker. Some type of portable smoker comes in handy not only for snow events but travel. Size doesn't matter.... Even a dinky mini wsm can turn out some of the best Q you can imagine and it can be set right out your front door and be running in minutes. Space is never an issue either with something like that.

DanB
02-04-2014, 09:52 AM
This is all the more reason to have more than one type of smoker. Some type of portable smoker comes in handy not only for snow events but travel. Size doesn't matter.... Even a dinky mini wsm can turn out some of the best Q you can imagine and it can be set right out your front door and be running in minutes. Space is never an issue either with something like that.

Hi I was thinking about taking out my Master Forge Vertical E Smoker,but was more concerned about removing the snow.
Dan

Fwismoker
02-04-2014, 10:24 AM
It's just a 3 step process Dan.

Step 1- Shovel a space for the smoker and throw the Q on

Step 2- Shovel drive way, patio and sidewalks.

Step 3- Now that you worked up an appetite enjoy your Q!

:-D

I try to stick to this method every snow day...start with a good breakfast though! :-P