PDA

View Full Version : How to take PP to party

Kloogee
02-01-2014, 07:17 PM
I doing some pulled pork for a Super Bowl party tomorrow evening. How do you guys take your PP to a party? Shred before going to party or shred at the party? Do you just take it in a normal pan or put it in a warmed slow cooker?

Pyle's BBQ
02-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I would pull it there and put it in a slow cooker on warm.

olflathead
02-01-2014, 08:06 PM
pull it there and place in foil pan,cover with foil, place in oven under low heat if possible till ready to serve.

campdude
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Pull at the party then either heating method. You may want to add some apple juice to keep it moist.

IamMadMan
02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I doing some pulled pork for a Super Bowl party tomorrow evening. How do you guys take your PP to a party? Shred before going to party or shred at the party? Do you just take it in a normal pan or put it in a warmed slow cooker?

I calculate the travel time as part of the rest period.

When the pork buts are done, I pan them in a deep pan and use an aluminum pan cover. Put the panned pork buts in a cooler lined with newspapers and cover with towels.

It will stay hot for hours, just pull it when ready to serve.

If you don't have a cooler, you can use a cardboard box with crumpled newspapers, bottom, top and sides, and cover the box with towels, this will also keep it hot for hours.

If I have to cook well ahead of time due to time constraints, I pull in large pieces, and Vac-seal with a little apple juice. The package can then be dropped into a pan of hot water to gently heat to serving temperatures.

Kloogee
02-01-2014, 08:34 PM
The party is at a friend's house about 7 mins away, so travel time really isn't an issue. It sounds like pulling at the party is the way to go. As you know, game parties don't really have a specific serving time. People tend to graze for hours, so keeping it warm and moist is an issue. I'm thinking the slow cooker on low as Pyle suggested is the way to go.

bbqgeekess
02-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Pull at the party then either heating method. You may want to add some apple juice to keep it moist.

Or Shack Attack :)

Kloogee
02-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I've always got some shack attack on hand. I will probably use a touch of it to keep a bit of moisture in it.

Jeffm827i
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I pulled mine last night, saved the juice renderings. Tomorrow I will add the rendering along with a little rub back to the meat and warm up in a pan. Done it several times and turns out great.

Offthehook
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Any method works, it's pulled pork. Like everyone has said, pull it there and keep it warm. And I always season after it's pulled, I like a lot of flavor.

Wolverine
02-02-2014, 05:19 AM
yep pull em there, but pull em as you need em, i bought a roman pork puller and in seconds its done,

aquablue22
02-02-2014, 07:58 AM
PP is always my take to for parties. I always pull it at home, because I want to enjoy the party, not cook when we get there, metal bowl. I used s stainless steel bowl and will warm in their oven if needed, usually doesn't last that long.