PDA

View Full Version : Cold-smoked eggs

gouldina
01-27-2014, 07:03 AM
This weekend I took delivery of my new Pro-Q cold smoker and wanted to cold-smoke the bacon I've been dry-curing so I thought as there would be room in the kamado, I'd do some other things too. I decided to do some lumps of strong cheddar and also, since I read about it somewhere, smoked boiled eggs using maple sawdust. My wife would only give me three eggs because she thought it didn't sound that nice. However, they were really good and she ended up eating most of them! Anyone else done these?

Fwismoker
01-27-2014, 07:23 AM
I love doing cold smoked eggs..in fact i'll do some more when i do my next batch of cheese. Makes the BEST deviled eggs!

gouldina
01-27-2014, 07:34 AM
I love doing cold smoked eggs..in fact i'll do some more when i do my next batch of cheese. Makes the BEST deviled eggs!

They are remarkably good aren't they? Never come across them before but it definitely won't be the last time I do them.

HankB
01-27-2014, 08:07 AM
I haven't cold smoked anything yet but I did do hard boiled eggs on my mini-WSM using apple and cherry. They were amazing!

gouldina
01-27-2014, 08:18 AM
I haven't cold smoked anything yet but I did do hard boiled eggs on my mini-WSM using apple and cherry. They were amazing!

Ah I was wondering if you could hot-smoke them too. How long did you do them for?

oifmarine2003
01-27-2014, 10:05 AM
I hard boiled some eggs and then cold smoked them and made smoked deviled eggs at Thanksgiving and they were a big hit.