PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Ends?

Big George's BBQ
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
I am hoping to do a Brisket this weekend and my burnt ends are never as good as I think they should be. Do people let the brisket rest before moving the point from the flat or do you let the point rest before you cube it and put it back on the grill for a few hours Thanks

Shagdog
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
The few times I've done them, I would remove the point pretty much immediately after taking the brisket of the fire, then wrap the flat to rest. Cube the point, put it in a foil pan, sprinkle with some more rub, add sauce and put back on the smoker for another hour or more. I never saw the point in letting the point rest as its so juicy already, but I'm curious to hear other responses on this...

landarc
01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
On the rare occasion that I make them, I slide the point off the brisket, cube and put some sauce on them, then back into smoker for an hour, or until I see that the fat has rendered a fair amount.

As an aside, I much prefer to just take the point, slide it off and put the whole thing back on to the cooker. Let it cook up for another 30 minutes to an hour, until I hear/see the fat rendering and slice it up.

Smokesignalsfromtx
01-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Hmmm...interesting.....I remove the point immediately and return to the smoker to finish rendering and pull it when it looks "burnt". Then cube. I can't remember what show it was on but that's the way I saw some "big" BBQ place do it on tv....lol :-)

John Bowen
01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
I seperate once the brisket is done and I wrap them both. I hold the flat for two hours and after one hour I take the point and cube it - I hit the cut cubes with a little rub and put them back on the smoker for about 30 min. Then I take them out and sauce them and put them back on the heat for at least 30 minutes - until the sauce carmelizes.

cpw
01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Once the flat is done, I take the flat, wrap it and cooler it. Then take the point, cube it, put it back on the smoker with a little more rub for about an hour or two (or however long I have until dinner/turn in time) then glaze with a little sauce, back on the smoker for another 30 minutes-1 hour. Amazing every time.

scp
01-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Hmmm...interesting.....I remove the point immediately and return to the smoker to finish rendering and pull it when it looks "burnt". Then cube. I can't remember what show it was on but that's the way I saw some "big" BBQ place do it on tv....lol :-)

This is what I do and saw the same show I think. Only thing I do is add a new heavy coat of rub. Always the moved raved about piece of meat.

Smokesignalsfromtx
01-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Yup! Forgot about adding the extra rub.

LMAJ
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Burnt ends are not all they are cracked up to be George. If I were you, I would separate the point from the flat. Wrap the point up put it on the fridge. I will be up to dispose of it properly for you.
:-D

peeps
01-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Burnt ends are not all they are cracked up to be George. If I were you, I would separate the point from the flat. Wrap the point up put it on the fridge. I will be up to dispose of it properly for you.
:-DCan we share? :grin:

Big George's BBQ
01-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Lynn I always new that I could count on you That is such a generous offer I just dont think that I can do that to you :mrgreen: