PDA

View Full Version : Rib America

motley que
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Anyone go to these events? Anyone cooking at this weekend's event in St. Louis?

Doorbusters
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Never heard of it.

motley que
05-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Never heard of it.

http://www.ribamerica.com
2006 Award-Winning Rib Vendors Include:
Fat Daddy's BBQ - OH
Sgt. Oink's BBQ - OH
Pigfoot BBQ - OH
Cowboys BBQ - TX
Texas Thunder BBQ - TX
Chicago BBQ - IL
Texas Outlaws BBQ - KY
Willingham's BBQ - TN
Black Belt BBQ - MO
Aussom Aussie Australian BBQ Co. - SYDNEY, AUS
(Participants subject to change)

BobberQer
05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
That line up is the top of the heap , when it comes to BBQ ... if I was close I'd definately be there lotta won contest, and awards in that grouping holy moly :eek:

motley que
05-25-2006, 09:16 AM
its always hard to decide on who's ribs to try, so the wife and i go to two diff vendors and share. I think i will try the Aussie and fat daddy

motley que
05-30-2006, 09:34 AM
ok, first the bad. The prices. 7 tickets for $10 about 19 tickets for a slab, 5 tickets for 3 bones, and 5 for a beer. Things add up quick. I really could only afford 2 samplers.

The people. Free events tend to bring out the dregs of the earth and this is no exception, throw in the rock bands and the place is full of heavily tatooed (poorly done), teef missing smelly hoosiers (what we in st. louis call rednecks) seriously if you can afford to get drunk on $8 beers, buy a new t-shirt once a year. Lotta sunburned people who deserve whatever pain they get.

The good - The music. I saw the first reunion show of Candlebox, their first gig in 7 years. Always loved their music and it was sounding good.

The people watching - see "hoosiers" above, lots to see, and hot weather makes the women wear less clothes, so that was appealing, especially on the non hoosier girls.

The ribs - tough to chose what to sample as they all had awards etc. I decided that wherever i went, i wouldnt add sauce, just eat em the way the vendor thought was best.

I chose the Aussom Aussie's as I had seen them on FoodTv, and was curious about their style. The ribs were good, but too sweet for my taste. After the first bone I should have abandoned my policy and added the hot sauce.

I then chose Willinghams to end my day. I am glad i did these second as I wouldnt have gone elsewhere. Damn good ribs, and to add a bit of class they handed out a lil matchbook sized box of tooth pics with every order. Should have saved $ for more of these.

I believe the fest is in Indy this weekend.

Ron_L
05-30-2006, 09:44 AM
...and the place is full of heavily tatooed (poorly done), teef missing smelly hoosiers...

Waiting patiently for our Indiana Brethren to read this... :-D :-D

Arlin_MacRae
05-30-2006, 10:33 AM
http://eherf.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/popcorn.gif

BobberQer
05-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Waiting patiently for our Indiana Brethren to read this... :-D :-D

Me too ... lmao.. where's the popcorn as I wait lol:eek:

kcquer
05-30-2006, 04:42 PM
The good - The music. I saw the first reunion show of Candlebox, their first gig in 7 years. Always loved their music and it was sounding good.

Would have loved to have seen that. Awesome band!!

CarbonToe
05-31-2006, 04:06 AM
The people. Free events tend to bring out the dregs of the earth and this is no exception, throw in the rock bands and the place is full of heavily tatooed (poorly done), teef missing smelly hoosiers (what we in st. louis call rednecks) seriously if you can afford to get drunk on $8 beers, buy a new t-shirt once a year. Lotta sunburned people who deserve whatever pain they get.

The people watching - see "hoosiers" above

I can't resist.......:rolleyes:

I was intrigued with the term ‘Hoosier' as it's not part of the English language. so like a good limey I looked it up......

The definition's I found don't sound like what you describe above....

http://alumni.indiana.edu/fun/hoosier.html (Link added as text too long to include in post!)

By your comments you are describing people that don't shop at 'Gap' and dress different to yourself in a negative way. Not at any point do you say how they were conducting themselves which surely is more important.........can I assume you didnt pull? :lol:

motley que
05-31-2006, 08:14 AM
I can't resist.......:rolleyes:

I was intrigued with the term ‘Hoosier' as it's not part of the English language. so like a good limey I looked it up......

The definition's I found don't sound like what you describe above....

http://alumni.indiana.edu/fun/hoosier.html (Link added as text too long to include in post!)

By your comments you are describing people that don't shop at 'Gap' and dress different to yourself in a negative way. Not at any point do you say how they were conducting themselves which surely is more important.........can I assume you didnt pull? :lol:

interesting. As i mentioned, a hoosier in St. Louis is the equivelent of a redneck elsewhere. To each their own, but there were more people that i would consider to be gross, than non gross people. I am a snob, i only like to hang out with people who dont act like drunken fools in public, unless they are sharing their bbq:twisted:

Arlin_MacRae
05-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Try "boomer" and "sooner" too!