PDA

View Full Version : Sweet mini peppers

cameraman
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
The kids are coming for dinner tomorrow and I have a bag of sweet mini peppers in the fridge that I'd like to use in an entree. The weather here is expected to be on the miserable side so I'm looking for something that could work inside or out. TIA.

deepsouth
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
i often buy the sweet mini peppers when i buy steaks and the missus always takes a steak bite with a pepper bite, so maybe a pepper steak dish over rice?

deguerre
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM
We slice a bag of them lengthwise into quarters, half and slice a large sweet yellow onion, marinate together with olive oil and Cavenders then either saute or grill to have with fajitas with the grilled or panseared meat of choice.

cameraman
01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
i often buy the sweet mini peppers when i buy steaks and the missus always takes a steak bite with a pepper bit, so maybe a pepper steak dish over rice?

Not a bad idea.

We slice a bag of them lengthwise into quarters, half and slice a large sweet yellow onion, marinate together with olive oil and Cavenders then either saute or grill to have with fajitas with the grilled or panseared meat of choice.

My first thought and one of my favorite meals but I think I may have beaten it to death for a while.

Jstroke
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Here are some thoughts but we need to know available protein options

Sweet pepper relish with brats

Chicken with sweet pepper and tomotilla salsa verde

Chicken enchiladas: smoke the sweet pepps first dice and put in the tortilla before baking

Red cabbage slaw with peppers julienned on a burger

Steak tips with sweet pepper cream sauce.

Just some thoughts, have fun let us know how it goes.

cameraman
01-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Here are some thoughts but we need to know available protein options

Sweet pepper relish with brats

Chicken with sweet pepper and tomotilla salsa verde

Chicken enchiladas: smoke the sweet pepps first dice and put in the tortilla before baking

Red cabbage slaw with peppers julienned on a burger

Steak tips with sweet pepper cream sauce.

Just some thoughts, have fun let us know how it goes.

Nice to meet you! I like these. Do you have any guidance on the sweet pepper cream sauce? That sounds pretty interesting.

ebijack
01-05-2014, 07:44 AM
I smoke em' A little canola oil, lemon pepper throw em on. They are fantastic. We use them in sauce's, on sandwiches, ground up in mayo on and on.

MJ_Tenn
01-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Camera Man, my wife doesn't like "hot" so I make my jalepeno poppers with these sweet peppers..they are good. Cream cheese and wrapped in bacon....mmmmmm