PDA

View Full Version : Locking up the smoker

bbqjoe
05-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Here's a first. Started some briskets last night about 8:00pm.
Stoked her back up around midnight to get through til morning.
Get up around 8am. Smokers not running!!!!!!
Get around to the front and a door is open.
I go inside to throttle the old man. He knows never to adjust or do anything with the smoker.
He tells me he didn't open it, and thought I had gotten up early to do something with it.
He said as he was walking by it, the baffles were adjust themselves just as they do when the door has been open about a minute or two.
Best I can figure, some Farkwad was about to help themselves to some meat and he scared them off.
So I guess it's lock and chain time for the smoker at night!

FARK!!!!

bbqjoe
05-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Found some lock and chain!
Bastiges!!!!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/barbecuejoe/DSC00487.jpg

big brother smoke
05-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Can't leave your front door unlocked at the house and now the smoker; farkers!

What next, farkers are going to steal a man's wood?

BigDaddy
05-20-2006, 04:07 PM
I've had wood stolen. I live on a deadend road with a marina/campground at the end. Big logs don't get stolen in front of my place, but split wood will! I have to keep it behind my house! Then there's the issue with drunks plowing into my mailbox...don't get me started.

BigDaddy
www.davidheffner.com

FatDaddy
05-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Probably one of those farkers that didnt get to use the restroom!!!!

bbqjoe
05-20-2006, 04:58 PM
After thinkin about it some, I have a pretty good idea who it might have been. But seeing as I can't prove anything, and nothing was taken, I'll just let it go as a precaution easily and painlessly learned.

scottyd
05-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Joe it just ain't right when you got to lock up your meat! Farker's

Arlin_MacRae
05-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Set phasers to kill, mister!

Jeff_in_KC
05-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Joe, I'd look into something different. Seems to me someone could bust that chain pretty easily if they were so inclined. I'd consider some sort of lock that goes around both handles without having to use chain. If ya catch the farkers, toss them in low and slow and lock the doors!

bbqjoe
05-21-2006, 12:54 AM
If somebody really wants into something bad enough they will accomplish it. No sense in causing someone to pry a door off.

I'm pretty sure this is a group of annual drunk bikers that stay down the road a little ways.
One of their guys came in the night before, fifteen minutes before closing and wanted 40 bucks worth of brisket. Then again he wanted to spend thirty on something, but he needed to feed people. How many I asked. They're in the car and they're all drunk. How many?
I was told to get brisket.
Sorry, were just plain out for the day, closing in minutes. What do you want?
I have forty dollars!
Great! I have ribs, pulled pork......
Just give me some brisket!
This went on till I could get forty bucks of food in a bag and send him on his merry way.
Guy had to be still drunk this morning.
I mean what are you going to do with a twelve pound brisket at over two hundred degrees without a pan or tongs or something?
Anyway, I hope he is done self smarting himself.

JohnMcD348
05-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Too bad you're in the commercial side of things. I'd spike a few and leave them in there for the next evening hoping they would come back the ext night for seconds. The SOBs would never touch another piece of food they hadn't seen prepped and cooked with their own eyes ever again. They'ed spend the reat of their day, crapin, peein and pukin with the next brisket they stole from me.

icemn62
05-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Memo to self don't steal food from John more than once....

scottyd
05-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Here Kitty Kitty

scottyd
05-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Chasity Belt For A Smoker, Now Your Talk-en Brother,

jgh1204
05-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Phil will probably need to borrow that chain and lock for the bash to keep people from peeking at the ribs.

D.B.Cooper
05-21-2006, 01:31 PM
....Then there's the issue with drunks plowing into my mailbox...don't get me started.

That reminds me of the time my nephew and his neighbors were having a problem with some kids playing "mail box baseball". He made a mail box out of 3/16" steel and mounted it on a steel pipe. A few weeks later he noticed the paint scuffed like someone tried to smack it. The boxes up the street were smashed but his and the neighbors were fine. The next day he noticed one of the teenagers that lived on the next over street with his arm in a sling.:grin:

He never had a problem again.

JohnMcD348
05-21-2006, 02:04 PM
That reminds me of the time my nephew and his neighbors were having a problem with some kids playing "mail box baseball". He made a mail box out of 3/16" steel and mounted it on a steel pipe. A few weeks later he noticed the paint scuffed like someone tried to smack it. The boxes up the street were smashed but his and the neighbors were fine. The next day he noticed one of the teenagers that lived on the next over street with his arm in a sling.:grin:

He never had a problem again.

That's Beautiful. Purely Beautiful. I had that happen to a friend of mine once. It straightened him out real quick. After his wirst fractures healed(he was swinging with an steel pipe) he became a pretty upstanding citizen.