PDA

View Full Version : Ne bbq?

boiler93
12-26-2013, 07:50 PM
NE Brethren, I'm in White River Jct, VT for the holidays and already missing my southern Q. I would love some help on finding a good BBQ joint here in the Vermont/New Hampshire area.

MilitantSquatter
12-26-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.pigtrip.net/Directory-main.htm#VT

http://pigtrip.net/Directory-main.htm#NH

Pig Trip is your best resource for BBQ Joints in the NorthEast.... Gary does a great job.

boiler93
12-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the help, I've found several choices in the area!

boiler93
12-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Not sure why I was bumped to brethren road trip section! I'm not trying to meet up with anyone during my travels nor am I looking to give a day by day accounting of my eating selections just looking for recommendations from fellow brethren. I doubt I'll get further help from the 5 visitors to this page

MilitantSquatter
12-26-2013, 09:02 PM
First I hope my link helped.

Secondly, this sections is the appropriate place for advice on Bbq joints while traveling. Q talk is for cooking and equipment not bbq joint guidance. I redirected it but others will still see the original title in a talk for a week and still take you to thread.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
12-26-2013, 09:20 PM
This isn't an area where good BBQ is easy to find. I've never found any good BBQ in the WRJ area. How far are you willing to range out from there? The closest really good BBQ in New Hampshire is Goody Coles Smokehouse over in Brentwood, NH.

Brother Rich Decker sells some good 'cue out of a trailer up near Burlington, VT around lunchtime if you're up that way. He is set up on Suzy Wilson drive in the Colchester/Essex Junction area.

Blue Ribbon, in West Newton is very good if you get to the Boston area.

cb25
12-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Blue Ribbon, in West Newton is very good if you get to the Boston area.

Was going to suggest the same thing if you get down to that area. One of the bright spots of the 4+ years of time I served there (aka school, not entirely unlike prison).

boiler93
12-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the help! Probably not venturing as far as the Boston area. I'm skiing or watching the family ski at Okemo for today and tomorrow. Might have to buy my father-in-law a wsm. This electric contraption just isn't getting it done even though I know several on here can produce good Q on an electric grill...I'm just used to my stick burner!