PDA

View Full Version : Butcher Skills

Swine Spectator
12-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Tonight I had to tell Mrs. Spectator that I have a new girlfriend. She's got skills:

How to butcher a pig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoK0gcG9as&list=PL69C2B028F82492F4

I am interested in learning more about the cuts. This video series is amazing. Just remember, I saw her 138,760th!

The Swine Spectator

SkinEz
12-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Really great set of videos. Couldnt stop watching...

fantomlord
12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
nice!

sliding_billy
12-23-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind if she came over to teach me how to use a knife. :wink:

Yellowhair42
12-23-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind if she came over to teach me how to use a knife. :wink:

I'm not sure you would want to learn from her.Band Aid on cut finger and psycho killer knife holding.

Swine Spectator
12-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Question for the Brethren: In the second video (shoulder) she talks about the "coppa" muscle... is that the same as the "money" muscle?

sliding_billy
12-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure you would want to learn from her.Band Aid on cut finger and psycho killer knife holding.

:doh: Psycho chicks are the best.

cholloway
12-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Question for the Brethren: In the second video (shoulder) she talks about the "coppa" muscle... is that the same as the "money" muscle?

I don't think so. Coppa is an Italian term for that portion of the shoulder/neck.
She makes several Italian references during the videos.

IMHO:
The way she cut up the shoulder she removed the part, from the shoulder blade, that would have made up the Boston butt and that's what she called the "coppa". What's called the money muscle is small and part of the coppa.

If she would have removed the picnic ham and left the shoulder blade bone with the "coppa" and trimmed off the skin and most of the fat, she would have had a bone-in Boston butt.

Then again, I'm certainly no expert.

Maybe this link will help. http://www.bbqsuccess.com/pulled-pork/