PDA

View Full Version : Beef Cheeks

Johnny Ca$h
12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
I picked up 2 packs of beef cheeks from wally world yesterday. I have never cooked or had them before I did the search here and it seams like everyone has made tacos or cooked like a roast with taters and carrots in a crock pot. I am thinking of a 2-3 hour red oak smoke then foil with some beef broth and cook till pull able or shred able for taco's. What else would you do with them

landarc
12-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Cook em until tender and eat them like brisket point. They do need time to render, and wrapping makes it easier. They are delicious smoked.

CharredApron
12-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Smoke them and add to a brazier with liquid of choice. I made ravioli filling with some earlier this year. the thread is here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157758&highlight=ravioli

martyleach
12-21-2013, 11:04 PM
They are a very fatty meat so they need some time to render all that stuff out. Beef cheeks are the basis for Barbacoa so you know it is good in Tacos and burritos. Tamales, why not? Heck, I would even make a chile verde out of them and I'll bet it would be really good. It is an inexpensive meat that is very fatty but delicious when cooked slowly and kept moist.