PDA

View Full Version : Pickin up the Vault tomorrow

wagge
12-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Pitmaker Vault is ready!! Looking forward to Christmas and NY cooking, so just in time. It is Dark Blue and will have my company logo on it. I am sure there will be some learning curve coming from a stick burner, but with the help of the Brethern I am sure that will be overcome. I just hope it will be as easy to use cause with my Pitts and Spitts it was pretty much just add a log every 1-2 hours and forget it

RangerJ
12-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Pitmaker Vault is ready!! Looking forward to Christmas and NY cooking, so just in time. It is Dark Blue and will have my company logo on it. I am sure there will be some learning curve coming from a stick burner, but with the help of the Brethern I am sure that will be overcome. I just hope it will be as easy to use cause with my Pitts and Spitts it was pretty much just add a log every 1-2 hours and forget it

You won't need to use or add as much fuel and once you practice, you'll not have to add any, you'll just know how to load up and let it run.

FYI - you can use the Vault as a stick burner, I do it pretty regular.

Post some pics.

peeps
12-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Congrats! Post up pics once you get it!

FatCoyote
12-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Congrats!!!

Dirtbuddy
12-19-2013, 10:33 PM
HAppy early Christmas!

Looking forward to seeing pics of the beast.

sliding_billy
12-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Sweet. Congrats!

Smoke House Moe
12-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Congrats. It holds temp like a champ.
Using mine for it's first MN winter cook on Monday.
Brisket and candied bacon.

---k---
12-20-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm jealous. I was staring at the Pitmaker website again last night. My buddy has one and it works fantastic for him. I want one, but just can't seem to justify pulling the trigger.

spedly
12-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Congratulations! You're going to love cooking on a Pitmaker. There is a small learning curve but that's part of the fun. If I may give you one suggestion: keep a log of amount of time you're using your weed burner to warm it up and note the temp it settles in at when you're done . That way you have an easy reference going forward. For example If I want to cook at 275 I run my weed burner for 6 minutes. That takes it to 265 and it'll be at 275 in no time.

Have fun and enjoy your new cooker!

Big George's BBQ
12-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Congrats and enjoy

halbop89
12-23-2013, 10:38 AM
You will love it. I have a safe and love the way it cooks , bought mine with a guru but prefer just to use the standard vents. The one thing I did do was had a plate cut for a heat baffle to slide between the fire and the bottom of the water pan, the rails were there from the factory. Doesn't burn off the water as quick

Big George's BBQ
12-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Whats the first thing you are cooking