PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start to the morning

Dweverett
12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
The grill cover was frozen to the grill this morning and (after some effort) came off in pieces. Parts were still frozen to the smoker. Not a huge deal, those came off easily once it started to warm up.

Still, looks like a new cover will be a priority given all the snow we are supposed to get later

Diesel Dave
12-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Sorry to hear that. But chit happens to us all

peeps
12-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Well, that stinks! Best of luck with the cook!

PatAttack
12-14-2013, 06:20 AM
Chit do happen. Fire that thing off and get it going!

sliding_billy
12-14-2013, 06:22 AM
Sorry man. That stinks.

Dweverett
12-14-2013, 07:29 AM
It's not a big deal -- wasn't that fond of the cover anyway. Part that made it a little annoying was that it was 6am and I thought it would be a quick run out, whip off the cover and fire it up (which is pushing a button since it's a pellet grill)

So I'm standing there on the deck in the snow, barefoot in my PJs wrestling with the stupid thing, breaking ice off etc.

I'll try to figure out how to post some pics of the cook later. Thankfully none exist from this particular part of the day :wink:

PatAttack
12-14-2013, 07:34 AM
The orchestra is on its way! :razz:

Just kiddin' man. That sucks!

J-Rod
12-14-2013, 09:04 AM
What's a grill cover? :razz:

Yeah man I had that happen a couple years ago, now I don't bother with covers I just use tarps.

SmittyJonz
12-14-2013, 02:44 PM
How come everyone ( well a lot of us) here in the South -where it don't snow- have covered patios to keep smoker/grills on but Up North everyone's Smokers/Grills are left out in Snow with maybe a lil vinyl cover? That's Weird to me.......... :twitch:

Hope you Find a Better Cover for It. :thumb:

16Adams
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Let's see you throw back the sash, dash outside barefoot in the snow to fire up your cooker And you wonder why bad things happen.

Not one mention of a beer in your hand, or a Balvenie or a Makers.

It's obvious You left out a step. Start over.

Unless you don't drink. In that case. Buy a new cover and carry on.

Dweverett
12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Let's see you throw back the sash, dash outside barefoot in the snow to fire up your cooker And you wonder why bad things happen.

Not one mention of a beer in your hand, or a Balvenie or a Makers.

It's obvious You left out a step. Start over.

Unless you don't drink. In that case. Buy a new cover and carry on.

No problem there -- the cook was pepper stout beef and I've been working my way through the remaining 5 Guinness bottles as the day has progressed. 6am was a wee bit early to start though -- at least now that I'm way too old to still be up from the previous night.

Sandwiches came out fantastic. Will definitely be doing them again

16Adams
12-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Guinness is a great breakfast beer. Good job.

bbqbull
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Well I live in S. Central Michigan.
All my smokers are either in the pole barn or my garage.

I can use my electric Cookshack smoker in the garage. Do it all the time.

P.S. Both of our vehicles are also in the garage. I am fortunate that I do live in the country.