PDA

View Full Version : bbq on the river. bristol, pa.

butt head
05-07-2006, 04:24 PM
anybody here going to this one? may 19th & 20th. just talked to the guy running this he said thier are 30 teams in. looking good:-P

Sawdustguy
05-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Sir. yes Sir! Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team going to Bristol to report for duty Sir! :biggrin:

djmarko
05-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I'll be there judging. Good luck sawdustguy.

rbsnwngs
05-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Be there Judgin.. heading down there Friday nite.. look forward too seeing you people there.. Bobberquer will be there as well

Sawdustguy
05-15-2006, 12:35 PM
After the Judging you and Bob better stop by and have a beer!

BrooklynQ
05-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Wish I was. Got too many family obligations this weekend.

rbsnwngs
05-15-2006, 02:15 PM
After the Judging you and Bob better stop by and have a beer!
what do you mean afterwards i'll be drinking with you before hand on friday night.

BobberQer
05-15-2006, 02:55 PM
what do you mean afterwards i'll be drinking with you before hand on friday night.

I'll race ya from the car for the first beer wwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooo oooooooo:biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

LostNation
05-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll be going down on Wednesday night to cater a event at my brothers golf club on Thursday, here are some pictures of the pre cook I did last weekend.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=l16g4dw.16qx5rh8&Uy=-2axqx9&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=486623983416_35778705908

I should get to the contest before noon on Friday.

Sawdustguy
05-15-2006, 10:55 PM

Works for me........

BobberQer
05-16-2006, 04:27 AM
I'll be going down on Wednesday night to cater a event at my brothers golf club on Thursday, here are some pictures of the pre cook I did last weekend.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=l16g4dw.16qx5rh8&Uy=-2axqx9&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=486623983416_35778705908

Rich, pls check your E mail.. I sent you somethig last night

LostNation
05-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Rich, pls check your E mail.. I sent you somethig last night

I got it, replied and look forward to meeting you NY guy's on Friday.

rbsnwngs
05-16-2006, 05:40 AM
i'll be the fat guy with the beer

rbsnwngs
05-16-2006, 05:41 AM
I got it, replied and look forward to meeting you NY guy's on Friday.

BobberQer
05-16-2006, 06:09 AM

me , too lol ...only I've have two beers in hand:shock:

LostNation
05-16-2006, 06:57 AM
me , too lol ...only I've have two beers in hand:shock:

I'll be the tall fat guy with the beer and babes.

ique
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey Rich,

I did a party for my MIL's 70th up in Rochester NY last weekend and pre-cooked butts/briskets and vacuum-sealed as you show in your pics. This worked great, I was able to setup the meal for 40 folks with no problems. In fact I found myself in a lawn chair with a cold one cracked at 11:30am on Sunday. This was good, except the first guests to arrive were 4 nuns who did not seem to approve.

Chris

BobberQer
05-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Chris writes >>>This was good, except the first guests to arrive were 4 nuns who did not seem to approve.<<<

They were pissed ya didnt hae any Irish Wiskey for em:biggrin:

djmarko
05-17-2006, 09:51 AM
To those of you who will be in Bristol this weekend, I'd like to hook up with you & introduce myself. I just recently became more active with posting on this site and I'm anxious to start meeting some of you. I'll get on the cattle call soon and make a formal introduction.

Rich

BobberQer
05-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Rich .. just looks for fat guys, with beers.. that would be us lol..

djmarko
05-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Rich .. just looks for fat guys, with beers.. that would be us lol..
Great, I'll fit right in!!

BobberQer
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Lost Nation took Reserve , and something else.. goot a call in Iron Chef , and first in ribs..Really tired ... long 24 hours.. alot of fun, lotta laughs. lotta good people,, and alotta great food.. and the pretzel cheese dogs were awesome :biggrin:

MilitantSquatter
05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Great contest... I won't steal Guy's thunder so he can post official Two Fat Polocks results and feedback/thoughts on his team's performance.....

I had a lot of fun as as an "Honorary Polock" and as Guy's brother Gary kept saying...." Vinny keeps paying dividends with all the suggestions and tips and he can be a Polock team member anytime" Overall it was a tremendous experience to go through a full overnight cook under true contest conditions. Guy, Gary and Michele allowed me to jump in at any point with prep, pit contol, turn in boxes etc. I feel well prepared to go out with my team this summer and deal with set up, timing, staying up all night and catching some sleep here and there. Dealing with a few hours of hard rainfall during site set up was also good to experience.

I thought contest was well run, good location etc. I was a real pleasure hanging out with Rich Decker (Lost Nation) and his Lost Nation Smoke Company team. I picked his brain quite a bit with a ton of questions and was he really honest and willing to share what he knows which was great. Rich has a great team and team atmosphere. I was glad that he took Reserve and 1st in Ribs. Rich was kind enough to share samples of his turn ins and he deserved the high placing.

I have pics to post shortly.

BrooklynQ
05-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Can't wait to hear the rest of the results.

Congrats Rich and the Lost Nation!

MilitantSquatter
05-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Here's some pics of The Two Fat Polocks site set up, Lang 84 Deluxe, Guy, Gary and Kyle, Michelle prepping chicken,
Bob (Bobberqeer), Rich Decker (Lost Nation) and I, Willie B (rbsnwings) relentlessly hawking 2 Fat Polocks Rubs which amazingly netted several hundred bucks in the last remaining hours after turn ins. A few turn in pics from Guy's team etc.

Ron_L
05-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the pics, Vinny! It sounds like a great competitions!

Congrats, Rich!

butt head
05-21-2006, 10:51 AM
hey bobber. it was a pleasure meeting you at the comp.we had a blast. unfourtunatly we did not do very well in the comp. we will get that call some day:biggrin:

djmarko
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
I had a great time in Bristol. I got to judge at the same table with Bob. I also got to watch Will be a table captain. What a performance that was! I also met Rich and Vinny. It was a pleasure meeting and talking to you guys. I look forward to the next time. Hey Bob, how was the ride home?

Rich

Sledneck
05-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Chicken
1. Pennsylvania Posse
2. Hoff Daddy's BBQ
3. Joboy BBQ
4. Big Daddy's BBQ
5. Ma's Que Crew
6. Lost Nation
7. Lo-N-Slo BBQ
8. Pequea Pullers
9. Smoke Happens
10.Ribs Within
Ribs
1. Lost Nation
2. Hoff Daddy's BBQ
3. Lumpy Licious
4. Lo-N-Slo BBQ
5. Butch's Smack Your Lips
6. Down Home BBQ
7. Ribs Within
8. Philly's Hall of Fame
9. Ma's Que Crew
10. Pennsylvania Posse
Pork
1. Butch's Smack Your Lips
2. Ribs Within
3. Down Home BBQ
4. Brick Beach BBQ
5. 3 EyzBBQ
6. BBQ Guru
7. Big Daddy's BBQ
8. Lost Nation
9. Pig Pen BBQ
10. Campfire Cookers
Brisket
1. Beef Rubbers
2. Texsylvania BBQ
3. Extreme Bar-B-Que
4. Big Daddy's BBQ
5. Down Home BBQ
6. Ribs Within
7. Jumping Dog Barbeque
8. Ribin' it
9. Campfire Cookers
10. 3 EyzBBQ

Grand: Ribs Within
Reserve: Lost nation

Sawdustguy
05-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Sorry for the late response but I am still a little under the weather. Firstly I would like to thank Vinny (MillitantSquatter). This was Vinny's first contest and he taught us as much as he learned from us. He is simply a great guy to que with. We enjoyed meeting Rich Decker from Lost Nation and seeing Bob Devine (Bobberqeer) and Willy B who sold $375 of Two Fat Polocks BBQ rubs in 2 hours. We came in 24th and we deserved it. We had two main problems. The first and most important was my fault. I managed to get myself sick with a 101* fever the day before the contest. I sat my butt in a chair feeling ill the entire contest. I virtually contributed nothing. My job is usually tending the pit throughout the evening and twice the fire went out. I should have stayed home and taken care of myself instead of fooling myself into thinking I could actually do something constructive. We got hammered on tenderness and it is simply my fault. The fever broke early this afternoon, 2 days late unfortunately. The second problem we had was with Alcohol. One of our team members drank a bit too much and slept a bit too little, becoming a touch to loud and a bit beligerant. He embarassed the team. We have taken steps to prevent both problems from ever reoccuring. On the bright side, we didn't get thrown out of the park, no animals were harmed during the contest and nobody died. We will chalk this one up to history and look forward to Nashua. I should have more pictures up soon.

LostNation
05-22-2006, 05:06 AM
It was a fun contest and it was even better meeting different folks from the Brethren. I want to thank the Pollacks for their hospitality and for the much needed wood, I hope to reciprocate some of the hospitality at New Hampshire.

BobberQer
05-22-2006, 08:43 AM
hey bobber. it was a pleasure meeting you at the comp.we had a blast. unfourtunatly we did not do very well in the comp. we will get that call some day:biggrin:

You did well in the T shirt signature contest :biggrin: lol Great to meet you as well. hope to see ya during the summer at a few events

Jeff_in_KC
05-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Ouch! Rough weekend, Guy. You can't blame yourself for being sick though. Things might have been worse had you not even been there.

I can see how you might make changes to prevent the over-indulgence but you said "both". How do you plan to never be sick? :lol: :lol:

Maybe at my age, I'm not taking to booze like I used to but I've found that I enjoy things a lot more when I just have a few drinks to catch a buzz and take the edge off the stress of competing. With only two of us, it's a lot more difficult to be able to drink, party AND stay on top of everything.

Good luck in the next one! I'm sure you all will do much better!

BobberQer
05-23-2006, 07:07 AM
I had a great time in Bristol. I got to judge at the same table with Bob. I also got to watch Will be a table captain. What a performance that was! I also met Rich and Vinny. It was a pleasure meeting and talking to you guys. I look forward to the next time.

Hey Bob, how was the ride home?

Rich

Quiet, except for the snoring :eek:

djmarko
05-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Quiet, except for the snoring :eek:

Good deal.

Rich