PDA

View Full Version : Dang it! Anyone want some DuraFlame?

Jeff_in_KC
04-24-2006, 06:57 PM
I happened to come across DuraFlame charcoal in my local Dillon's yesterday and I jumped on a twin 20 lb. package for $9.95. Well, I do some checking and find it isn't what I wanted!! :mad: Apparently, the stuff Steve from Denver Cajun Q Krewe game me to try was the REAL HARDWOOD briquets. These don't say REAL HARDWOOD on the bag anywhere. I guess there's a big difference, huh? Well, I've got all this charcoal I don't know if I trust to use. I guess it can't be worse than the Kingsford Sure Fire Grooves.

Bill-Chicago
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Jeff,
It might not be smoking fuel, but from your sig line, this should be fine for the kettle.

bbqjoe
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
You'll know as soon as you light it. I've had some off brands that smell like burning trash bags.

Hawgsnheifers
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Use it for heat. That's what I do with the Kingsford with the skull and cross bones...

bruno
04-24-2006, 10:34 PM
I use Durflam briqs in the WSM. They work great. Better smell than the old K and less ash.

If you don't want 'em, I'll taken em.

HoDeDo
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Jeff-
They claim even thier standard briquets are better than the old K - But, I haven't tried them. I have been using the Best Choice (AWG brand) 100% hardwood briquets, or the BC Lump for quite a while. Quality has been great, and the price is right....

Jeff_in_KC
04-25-2006, 08:52 AM
I use Durflam briqs in the WSM. They work great. Better smell than the old K and less ash.

If you don't want 'em, I'll taken em.

The regular ones and not the hardwood briquets? Well maybe I'll give 'em a try at home next cook to see. I'm a HUGE fan of the less ash concept!

jminion
04-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Jeff
I use both of DuraFlames products, you won't be disappointed in the heat and burn times you get from the briquets, and there is less ash.
Jim

Solidkick
04-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Jeff
I use both of DuraFlames products, you won't be disappointed in the heat and burn times you get from the briquets, and there is less ash.
Jim

In my opinion, what better endorsement could Duraflame get?

Jeff_in_KC
04-25-2006, 12:23 PM
In my opinion, what better endorsement could Duraflame get?

Probably right coming from THE Minion Method Guy! Thanks Jim!

Solidkick
04-25-2006, 12:30 PM
If I remember right, I think we all had a chance of signing up with Duraflame for a year, in fact we talked seriously about it......now, after Kingsford making the changes to their product, I wish we had of sign on with them. Just think of all that extra gasoline I could buy this summer if I had a pallet of Duraflame settin', waiting to be used instead of having to buy charcoal.

Jeff_in_KC
04-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I was quite impressed with the DuraFlame Hardwood Briquets. The regular briquets I haven't used but will give a chance. I will save the DuraFlame lump I have for the BSKD at home.