PDA

View Full Version : Moink Balls

Razcal
10-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Does anyone have a recipe?

plowin-fire
10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Wrap a meatball in bacon, add rub. Smoke for an hour or so. Add sauce. Enjoy!

vafish
10-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Wrap a meatball in bacon, add rub. Smoke for an hour or so. Add sauce. Enjoy!

What he said

swbill
10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
I have some going right now. I used 1 pound ground, Mixed in a tub of Feta cheese, Worchester, other seasonings and balled them up. Wrapped in bacon and rubbed down. Going to top them with jack daniels BBQ at the end. Smoking at 225 right now.

LMAJ
10-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Classic MOINK balls are frozen Italian meatballs wrapped in bacon, dusted with your favorite rub, and smoked till the bacon is done.
Sauce or not, your choice.
Enjoy.

okiej
10-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Did some a couple weeks ago, love them. I didn't have frozen store meatballs on hand so I googled a recipe and baked my own then partially froze them. Cut a strip of bacon in half, wrap around meatball and stake with a tooth pik. Sprinkle with a rub you like. Then smoke till the bacon starts to crisp up a little. Baste with a sauce and cook a little longer to carmelize. I made a sauce from 50/50 grape jelly and bbq sauce boiled for 3 minutes. I will definitely do that sauce again. Many recipes out there I am sure. plowin-fire and LMAJ gave you the basic. Take it from there

El Ropo
10-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Pro tip, if you use 10" or 12" bamboo skewers to string the mooinks up, they are a lot easier to maneuver around the cooker. Oh and go easy on the rub, they can get too salty in a hurry. Next time I make them I'm gonna try low sodium bacon and a salt free rub concoction.