PDA

View Full Version : shout out to a good guy doing it the right way!

shagnasty
10-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Back during the summer I rode my bike down to north georgia to spend a weekend in the mountains. I go there alot and find it much more enjoyable (especially on a bike) than the smoky mountains commerialized gatlinburg area. Anyway..I always try to find a new BBQ joint and this trip was no different. I stopped in at Jims Smokin Que just south of Blairsville on hwy 129. The place was packed ( always a good sign) and I was not disappointed in the food. very good grub. As a BBQ guy I had to sneak around back and check out his set up. Needless to say I met Jim. He was working the pits out back and invited me in to see the operation. He was a super nice guy and gave me the royal tour of his operation. He does it the right way. If you are ever in the area, stop by and see Jim and his family. Good food, good guy and a wonderful area to visit. They are only open Thu-Sat so plan ahead.

SmittyJonz
10-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Cool Deal but where's the pics?!?!?!?!?

sliding_billy
10-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a good time.

Diesel Dave
10-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Always nice to meet the ole timers cookin their fare

dport7
10-18-2013, 08:22 PM
About a hour and a half north of me. That'll be a nice day trip, as I like going into the mountains I'll check the place out.

gtr
10-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Good to hear! What kind of pit? I get back to East TN once in a while & hopefully I can get down there one day.

shagnasty
10-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Jim cooks on a custom cadillac cooker rotissere. Its a huge pit and its all wood fired. Greast tasting Q.