PDA

View Full Version : Beef Shoulder Roast Pron

TXM489
10-14-2013, 03:57 PM
After tasting my first flat iron steak, I had a new go to quick steak. After extensive research, aka old threads, I decided to go for the whole roast and smoke it. HEB didn't have just a top blade roast so I went with the shoulder roast, which happens to work out cause wifey doesn't like marbling as much as I do. Below is my journey of the smoke. I did the minion method on my weber 22 with a smokenator. It jumped to 400 real quick, but i decided to let it roll as i had water pans to buffer the heat, and the meat wasn't close to the fire. (took a nap!) I was truly impressed on how they came out, i pulled them off after about 2.5-3 hrs. Had to go somewhere and didn't want to burn it. Also, threw on some turkey tenderloins. Took those off just before 2 hrs. Really shocked by those too. Beef was just Tony C and I marinated the turkey with sesame oil, sriracha, soy sauce, and teriyaki, both for about an hour. This is how the story unfolded...

castlepines
10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah buddy! That looks great! Is that the butt end all by itself at the top of the last pic?? Poor thing. We always fight for the end piece at our house! Nice job TXM489!

TXM489
10-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks!
That was the fat cap i took off, was real tempted to just cut a slice and taste its glory.

Tonybel
10-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Pass me a tortilla and salsa.... Let's eat.

ClintHTX
10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Dang that looks good. Good job!

TXM489
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Update, Wifey got home and liked it. Said this just proves why you don't need a pit! I was like, it proves i need a better pit to make batter bbq!!!:pray:

peeps
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Update, Wifey got home and liked it. Said this just proves why you don't need a pit! I was like, it proves i need a better pit to make batter bbq!!!:pray:Just do like I did. Plan a party that is purposely over-populated for your smoking grate area and struggle to find creative ways to make it work including borrowing rigs, buying all sorts of new hardware to maximize grates with undersized units, etc. Then bitch about how inconvenient it is working that way leading up to it, during, and after ;)

cowgirl
10-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Looks great from here too!!

sliding_billy
10-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Very nice cook.