PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Find

The Pig's Blanket
10-10-2013, 06:43 PM
So I got this from craigslist and im not 100% sure what its main purpose.... I'm not ashamed to say that I bought it not knowing for sure what it really was?....I wanted to use it for a cambro but my question is what is its main purpose? What can u do with it? will it work ok as a cambro? am I a fool...lol dont answer the last question!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CresCor-H-339-SS-UA-8C-Cabinet-/141025689390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d5c93f2e

superlazy
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
:shock:...........

The Pig's Blanket
10-10-2013, 06:48 PM
:shock:...........

BAWAhaaaaaaa!!! thats the same look my wife had when i drug it home!

Ron_L
10-10-2013, 06:51 PM
It's a holding cabinet for food.

http://www.crescor.com/products/cabinetshot/InsHalf/H339SSUA8C

It has a heating element to hold food at serving temperature. It should work fine without the heating element on since it is insulated, but if you plan on using it at competitions I would make absolutely sure that it isn't plugged in.

The Pig's Blanket
10-10-2013, 06:54 PM
It's a holding cabinet for food.

It has a heating element to hold food at serving temperature. It should work fine without the heating element on since it is insulated, but if you plan on using it at competitions I would make absolutely sure that it isn't plugged in.

Is it illegal to use at comps?

azken
10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
From our friends at Google:

Oops...other posts while I was looking up link

Pooky
10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
FRom the CresCor website:

INSULATED 1/2 SIZE STAINLESS STEEL HOLDING CABINET

PRODUCT FEATURES:
Fully insulated half-size holding cabinet keeps prepared foods at serving temperatures.
Powerful, yet efficient, 900 Watt heating system maintains the right temperature to properly hold products. Heats up to 200°F. (93°C.).
Internal frame in body and door maintains structural rigidity.
304 stainless steel construction throughout for ease of cleaning. One piece extended base protects cabinet body.
Insulated field reversible door for flexibility. Standard with right hand hinging; left hand hinging available upon request.
Magnetic latch for "easy open"; twist-lock catch secures door during transport. Latch and hinges mounted inboard.
Eight sets of extruded universal angles accommodate a large variety of pan sizes on adjustable 1-1/2" centers.
Pan stops on inside of door and back allow for proper air flow.
Convenient lift handles fold flat against sides of cabinet.
Heavy duty 5" swivel casters, two with brakes. Staggered mounting provides mobility when fully loaded especially over uneven surfaces.
Cabinets can be stacked for flexibility; specify optional stacking kit.
ACCESSORIES & OPTIONS
Key Lock Handle
Extra Universal Angles
Stacking Kit
Corner Bumpers
Perimeter Bumper
Various Caster Options
Digital Thermometer
240 Volt Service
---------------------------------

So by the looks of things, yep it's like a serious, powered Cambro.

As it's insulated, I guess it'll probably provide heat retention, even without power.

Nice score! I wish a) people used Craigslist in the UK like you do in The States, and
b) People in the UK had all the cool BBQ related stuff to sell like they do in the US

The Pig's Blanket
10-10-2013, 07:02 PM
From our friends at Google:

Oops...other posts while I was looking up link lol.....I looked it up but was not sure if it had double uses or something cool I didnt know about....There not cheap shoot they should do something cooler! lol

superlazy
10-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I have to ask.. What did you blindly pay?

Zin
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM

If comps allow sauce then anything else should be legal imho.

Ron_L
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM

If the heating element is on, yes. At least at KCBS Competitions. You are only allowed to use wood or charcoal as a heat source at KCBS competitions. It the heat source was off and you could prove it then it would be fine. Personally I wouldn't take the chance. All you need is one team to see you with it and complain and the burden of proof would be on you.

The Pig's Blanket
10-10-2013, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=superlazy;2653998]I have to ask.. What did you blindly pay?[/QUOT

$225!!! lol

dport7
10-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Nice find, great price. that thing will come in handy for all types of food.

legendaryhog
10-10-2013, 08:22 PM
If the heating element is on, yes. At least at KCBS Competitions. You are only allowed to use wood or charcoal as a heat source at KCBS competitions. It the heat source was off and you could prove it then it would be fine. Personally I wouldn't take the chance. All you need is one team to see you with it and complain and the burden of proof would be on you.

This is correct. You cannot plug this in at a comp to keep food warm at a KCBS comp. It is against the rules and grounds for disqualification.

I wouldn't even take it either. I have actually had this experience at one of the first comps I ever did. I took one like this to a comp years ago with the plan of using it as a cambro. We didn't use it and we didn't even have it plugged in (actually I don't even think our assigned lot had access to power), but some super drunk idiot complained early Saturday morning and tried to get us disqualified. He was not successful. It was pretty easy to show that we had no power there and that our product was still on the cooker, but it just invited a bunch of bs from unfriendly competitors.

mikeleonard81
10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
You stole that thing for that price!! Nice score!

SmittyJonz
10-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Just cut the cord off -- then its a Legal Gizmo :shock:

jeffturnerjr
10-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Question is, what are YOU wanting to use it for?

The Pig's Blanket
10-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Question is, what are YOU wanting to use it for?

A canbro...

sliding_billy
10-11-2013, 04:38 AM
I'd re-list it and see what you can get then buy a normal cambro and whatever else.