PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joes Hoffbrau Brats!! Quick dinner smoke

ButtBurner
10-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Gotta share this with you guys who have a Traders Joe's in your area

On the way home home work I stopped in there looking for something for a quick smoke, came across these brats.

They are made with Trader Joe's Hoffbrau beer.

On the way home started thinking about how I could cook them, I did not want to just grill them

So I fired up my WSM clone when I got home. From lighting the chimney from putting on the meat takes 1/2 hr with this little gem.

I smoked the brats with apple for about an hour at 250 then put on the veggies that were brushed with EVO then sprinkled with some italian seasoning

Pulled the brats off and let the vegs smoke until the onions were translucent

Since it was just for me and my wife I put 2 brats aside and sliced the rest up and put everything in the wok for a few minutes and tossed it at high heat

Took the other 2 in for lunch the next day, had them on a bun with some grainy brown mustard I brought back from a trip to Germany

Man these brats are out of the park!! You guys gotta try them!!

Just one pic of the cook, but its better than nothing

thanks

hase
10-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Interesting, I live right across from TJ's. I wonder what else would be good there. Looks good!

ButtBurner
10-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Interesting, I live right across from TJ's. I wonder what else would be good there. Looks good!

Oh man. Add that place to your resource list.

their Tri Tip is great

The chicken is good, but kind of expensive

they also have steaks etc, but again, pricey. And probably 10 different kinds of sausage, the brats I bought were fresh, it was $3.99 for what you see in the pic

tons of different frozen entrees and side dishes which are very good, and cheap.

They also have a very good natrual briq charcoal, its made by Rancher

Actually most of the stuff is pretty cheap.

And if you like horseradish try the cheddar horseradish potato chips!!

many good craft beers, their own brands are good and not too expensive

I am always finding something new there to try

I used to poo poo the place thinking it was a yuppie store, until I went in one.

sliding_billy
10-04-2013, 09:06 AM
I have a TJ's up the street from work. Their brats are one thing I have never tried. Thanks for the recommendation!

charrederhead
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Here's another :thumb: for Trader Joe's.

Dave M
10-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Dang, I was at the Ann Arbor TJ's yesterday at lunch time. I'll have to go back for those brats.

They have a huge wine selection.Their cheap Charles Shaw house wine used to sell for $2 and is nicknamed Two Buck Chuck. Now out west they've raised the price to $2.50 I think. We're about a dollar more here due to shipping. It's not bad, iff'n you're not a wine snob. :grin:

ButtBurner
10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Dang, I was at the Ann Arbor TJ's yesterday at lunch time. I'll have to go back for those brats.

They have a huge wine selection.Their cheap Charles Shaw house wine used to sell for $2 and is nicknamed Two Buck Chuck. Now out west they've raised the price to $2.50 I think. We're about a dollar more here due to shipping. It's not bad, iff'n you're not a wine snob. :grin:

thanks for the tip

I will pick up a bottle for the wifey

NeilH
10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up burner. I pass one every day to and fro work. The chips go on the list now as well as the sausage. If you like pistachios they have some unsalted ones that are good. Also have a pineapple salsa that's good. The tri tips are good like you say. Always good looking women shopping at this one too. :-P

DJ_Golden_Child
10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
You guys are in the states craving German styled sausages. I am in Germany and I am always going after the Polish sausages and bacon because I feel the cold smoking methods they use, create an amazing taste. I will have to start posting pictures so you guys can see what I come across.

Ron_L
10-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Try the tomato and roasted red pepper soup! I buy two or three boxes every time I go to TJ's

Also, the Indian and Thai frozen entrees are very good.

Big George's BBQ
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I dont go there often but their stuff is always good

ButtBurner
10-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Try the tomato and roasted red pepper soup! I buy two or three boxes every time I go to TJ's

Also, the Indian and Thai frozen entrees are very good.

I knew you would bring the soup up lol

yes its all good stuff!!

Hankdad1
10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
lots of good info here:

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/