PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Creek Smokers

HPD190
10-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Does anyone out there have any experience with a Meadow Creek SQ36 Smoker? I've seen them for sale for $1050 at BBQ Island in Tempe and it seems like a good quality smoker.

DownHomeQue
10-03-2013, 12:40 PM
thos are decent stickburners.. Don't really care for the fact they paint the inside though.. if you can get them to build you one.. without the paint on the inside i say go for it.. (There are plenty of owners who say the paint on the inside doesn't bother them though.)

HPD190
10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
The price is very tempting, and I keep going back and forth on how much of a difference it will make if I had the Meadow Creek or a smoker from one of the custom Pit builders I've been checking out who have outstanding reputations. Thanks for the input DownHomeQue.

sliding_billy
10-03-2013, 12:59 PM
I think they are a little bit overpriced personally. That grate size is a bit small for the price. Also, I know the firebox is 1/4" but am not sure about the rest of the smoker.

oldbill
10-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I think they are a little bit overpriced personally. That grate size is a bit small for the price. Also, I know the firebox is 1/4" but am not sure about the rest of the smoker.
I agree, the steel looks a little thin on the cooking chamber! Meadow Creek SQ36 Offset Smoker Review - YouTube Really to me Meadow Creeks are a slightly nicer looking and more expensive Lang over all. here's a Lang 36. They're are all 1/4 " steel construction.:wink: Mark Tubby Troupe and his Lang 36 Patio BBQ - YouTube

AtlGator
10-03-2013, 01:57 PM
I own one. Outstanding. Craftsmanship in dealer's opinion was superior to any other takers in that price range, including the names most often bandied about here. He passed on some of those same names as build quality wasn't as consistent.

Thick charcoal/fire grate, slide out ash pan, stainless steel cooking grate. It's a good value and has accessories for purchase I needed, like a second grate and a custom cover. I would also check out Shirley Fabrication in AL, they make what look like fine cookers.

Big George's BBQ
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I had the TS120 Was a Great smoker Only got rid of it because I cant do the all night smokes I know Melvin He runs a first class operation Call them and ask questions

Stlbbqstore
10-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Does anyone out there have any experience with a Meadow Creek SQ36 Smoker? I've seen them for sale for $1050 at BBQ Island in Tempe and it seems like a good quality smoker.

Hi HPD190,

I just brought in and Sold a SQ36 and it is a impressive cooker for the money. (Like all of the Meadow Creek products ). Fit and finish is second to none

The all important firebox is 1/4" steel and the Smoker is 13 gauge steel. Remember you could always throw a welding blanket over it for one of those long cooks on a chilling AZ night :idea:
Well thought out design.

HPD190
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the input everyone!

HPD190
10-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I took a long hard look at the Meadow Creek SQ36 today at BBQ Island and finally decided it's not the one I want. It looks like a great pit, but after studying Klose smokers, Pitts by JJ, and Gator Pits, I think the extra money is worth spending. The SQ36 didn't offer any shelves around the pit, lacked a grill on top of the square firebox, and also didn't have any room for storage underneath the pit. I'm still on the fence when it comes to adding a 1/2 inch firebox for added insulation, and I'm wondering is that really needed when cooking in Southern AZ or Southeast TX.

Stlbbqstore
10-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Good insight Brent
What works for you does not necessarily work for the next guy
That's why it is always best to put your hands on these cookers before putting down your hard earned cash.