PDA

View Full Version : Waygu Beef

TheRealGrinder
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I've been wanting to try some waygu ribeyes and brisket, but can't get them locally. Searching the net, Hunts Point available through BBQ Guru, is the best price I've found (by far). Not sure on shipping $. Any thoughts or suggestions?

sliding_billy
09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Do you have a local butcher that can do special order?

oldbill
09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I've been wanting to try some waygu ribeyes and brisket, but can't get them locally. Searching the net, Hunts Point available through BBQ Guru, is the best price I've found (by far). Not sure on shipping $. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Check out Big Poppa's meat locker. They've got Texas raised wagyu from Strube's Ranch. https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/meatlocker

peeps
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Um....I don't think I ever realized there were $100 briskets.

I think I will have to perfect quite a few $30 hunks of meat to even think about dropping $100 for something that ol' Murphy would ensure I ruin! :O

landarc
09-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Having just cooked a nice Snake River Farms Wagyu brisket, I can tell you, they cook up real nice. Taste a lot different from regular beef brisket though.

In terms of ordering, I have had SRF steaks and they are terrific. I want to order from Big Poppa soon, as the Strube Ranch Wagyu sounds incredible and the info on them makes me think they are the real deal.