PDA

View Full Version : who watches the Shed? Where does he get his smokers

early mornin' smokin'
08-27-2013, 08:53 AM
So I was watching the shed last night. He may have a guy who welds, and a bunch of other yahoo's. But I did notice one thing, when he was building the smoker, when it got dropped off, it was in pre fabbed pieces and they welded it together. Had me thinking, i've got a guy who welds, and need another smoker, i'm intrigued. Also, anybody watch Bubba-Q? They've got some interesting stuff too, been looking to see how to get something from him, he's in philly, i'm in NY, would save a ton on shipping. Any leads are appreciated.

Drh7003
08-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Bubba Q is on line : http://www.bubbastexasbbq.net/#!contact-us I don't know if either will do a custom smoker without some serious $$$ being involved, but it may be worth a try if you REALLY want one.

deguerre
08-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Eight dollars for a freakin house salad? :shocked:

early mornin' smokin'
08-27-2013, 09:58 AM
deguerre, up here, things are expensive!! he might be able to lower the prices SLIGHTLY if he was open 6 days a week. I'm looking to open a place in the springtime, and my prices won't be far off from his. you've gotta at least triple your cost to make things profitable. That 9 door smoker contraption he's got on the site looks pretty spiffy thou.

early mornin' smokin'
08-27-2013, 10:00 AM
to be fair, his beers and drinks are way cheap compared to NY standards

deguerre
08-27-2013, 10:06 AM
deguerre, up here, things are expensive!! he might be able to lower the prices SLIGHTLY if he was open 6 days a week. I'm looking to open a place in the springtime, and my prices won't be far off from his. you've gotta at least triple your cost to make things profitable. That 9 door smoker contraption he's got on the site looks pretty spiffy thou.

Yep. I sometimes forget I live in an inexpensive part of the country as far as food prices go...

I saw that smoker too and thought it was nifty.

early mornin' smokin'
08-27-2013, 10:08 AM
brad even said he "gets" his smokers from someone, but they weld them up. I was definitely interested.