PDA

View Full Version : I was on BBQ Crawl Tonight

mep
08-21-2013, 10:01 PM
I was at Oklahoma Joe's for lunch on the day they were shooting tonight's episode of BBQ Crawl. I told my friends that they were shooting Danielle of DivaQ but they didn't know who I was talking about.

Anyway, I saw myself in the background a couple of times. My wife got excited and was yelling, "there you are, there you are" each time it happened. Pretty cool!

mrbill
08-21-2013, 10:08 PM
your joy is the only happiness I can find in that show. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. but since a brethren got some screen time, I have a smile.

BBQchef33
08-21-2013, 10:29 PM
your joy is the only happiness I can find in that show. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. but since a brethren got some screen time, I have a smile.

2 brethren got screen time.. Danielle's a long time member here too. :icon_smile_tongue:

mrbill
08-21-2013, 10:33 PM
2 brethren got screen time.. Danielle's a long time member here too. :icon_smile_tongue:
open mouth, insert foot:icon_blush:

edit- in regards to Smitty's post below, I liked her on Pitmasters so I watched some of the "Crawl" episodes, not sure why, but they just didn't "do it" for me and stopped watching, leading to my previous post. if given the chance to meet her in person, I would. she's definitely accomplished more than I ever will in the BBQ world and maybe w/o editing my view would change.

SmittyJonz
08-21-2013, 10:35 PM
I didn't like her on BBQ PitMasters much ( seemed like a b!+^&) - but I like her on BBQ Crawl and I like the show. :grin: She does say "Oh Good Gravy" ALOT tho....LOL

Tonybel
08-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Can you Post a pic of yourself so I can know who to look for...

foppa78
08-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Thats very cool. I was watching closely to see if there was anyone I knew in the background. I was in the background on bbq pitmasters last Sunday when it was filmed here in Lees Summit.

mep
08-21-2013, 11:17 PM

When watching BBQ Crawl, you have to look really fast cause if you blink you will miss it. I'm in the video on this thread that I shot about my Assassin Smoker.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2559357

foppa78 Thats awesome that you were in the background on Pitmasters.:clap2:

DeepElemCue
08-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Like the show or not, she could kick all of our butts in a competition. Homegirl knows her way around a pit. I think a lot of guys are intimidated by her and her confidence can be mistaken for bitchiness.

Tom Sr
08-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Deep I think you nailed it. She's confident and not afraid to talk smack with the boys

lantern
08-22-2013, 05:32 AM
LOL!!! Sounds like when we were on the front row at a ppq wrestling event. Kept getting calls from peeps screaming that they can see us.

Now on to Diva... I absolutely love watching her. To have someone on tv that has the same passion I have for food and bbq is really enjoyable to watch. I hope she wants to and gets the opportunity to be on more shows like this.

For Diva or those that know her.... Are the expressions like "oh good gravy" a regular thing or are they substitutes for what would normally be not so good for tv language? LOL

Pappy
08-22-2013, 05:50 AM

He's the one covered in sauce and licking all of his fingers. :becky:

KingRanch450
08-22-2013, 06:27 AM
I was thrilled there was another Q show on TV to watch. Love Diva...she's very passionate about what she does, is rightfully confident in her skills and is very outgoing...I guess some mistake that as something else....people say the same things about Myron. I'd love a chance to meet her in person...I'm betting she's a good ole down to earth lady....even if she is from Canada...aay

Icekub
08-22-2013, 06:42 AM
She came to our site last year at a comp during the early morning hours. Prior I was not much of a fan b/c I tend to root for the more humble competitor when given a choice (also wasn't a fan of her interaction w/ Vlad, her hubby, when he tossed some rub she needed on pitmasters). BUT, I also remembered that what I saw on TV was what I saw on TV and not the real person. She was quite pleasant to talk with and I decided that she was type of person I'd like to kick back and have a cold one with sometime. And you can't help but respect what she has done in the BBQ world. BBQ crawl captures her personality a little more accurately (albeit another TV show and made to be family friendly). I'm glad the show has been renewed and hope to run into her at another comp.

John Bowen
08-22-2013, 07:35 AM
She is working hard and paying her dues - I wish her well.

It is always fun to be on site and get in on the fun - don't know why but it is still fun.

5string
08-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Congrats on your screen time! She's a hoot, definately someone I would love to hang out with and learn from.

BB-Kuhn
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM
I sent her a message after the first episode came out.

I came clean - that she irked me previously on Pitmasters, just too intense and big attitude... BUT, after the first episode of CRAWL, she explains her "dual-personalities". I lOVE the casual Danielle, and now that I understand the Diva, I get a kick out of that side of her too.

Came full circle, and am a huge fan, keep up the good work, etc.

She wrote me back and thanked me for my honesty and support. We went back and forth about chicken lollipops and a few other things. I made my own a few weeks ago and took first place in a comp in chicken! Thanked her profusely. She was happy to hear they kicked butt.

Long story short, SHE IS AWESOME. Cut her some slack, give the show a chance and enjoy. It's not like we have all that many outlets on TV for our hobby, other than BBQ Pitmasters, COME ON!

VIVA the DIVA Q

PekingPorker
08-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Very cool

Cack
08-22-2013, 02:56 PM
I was at Oklahoma Joe's for lunch on the day they were shooting tonight's episode of BBQ Crawl. I told my friends that they were shooting Danielle of DivaQ but they didn't know who I was talking about.

Anyway, I saw myself in the background a couple of times. My wife got excited and was yelling, "there you are, there you are" each time it happened. Pretty cool!

You should tell your wife, since she drolls all over all those Hollywood boys, that she can start drolling over you now since you're famous.

Tell her you'll ALLOW her to make "whoopie" with you tonight.

Say all of this through the security of over the phone or at a longer distance than her throwing power :laugh:

mep
08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
You should tell your wife, since she drolls all over all those Hollywood boys, that she can start drolling over you now since you're famous.

Tell her you'll ALLOW her to make "whoopie" with you tonight.

Say all of this through the security of over the phone or at a longer distance than her throwing power :laugh:

It sounds like you have met my wife. Especially the part about throwing power.

Nah, actually after 38 years of putting up with me, I feel like I hit the jackpot as far as wives go.

Happy Hapgood
08-22-2013, 03:36 PM
That's great mep. I'll bet it was neat seeing it filmed.

dummy que
08-22-2013, 06:22 PM
after being singled out at work for TV interview ( only one who could do compleate sentence whith out putting m.f. our some other explivtive) it was a grate buzzz to watch news that night congrats on your grate luck an man can she eat wow glad to here her show has been renewed :cool: