PDA

View Full Version : BBQ in WI

Smoke Dawg
08-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Headed to WI next week, any reccomendations of where and what to eat?

cheapbeer
08-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Probably should specify where in Wi. Plenty of Wisconsinites on board here. I personally have not been to any bbq restaurants as I get plenty at home (I know, I know, signifies lack of commitment). You need to eat some cheese curds while out here.

Ron_L
08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah, it's a big state :)

If you are in SE Wisconsin check out Bad 2 da Bone in Kenosha.

https://www.facebook.com/Bad2DaBoneBbq

MisterChrister
08-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I've heard Smoky Johns in Madison near the airport is good but I can't vouch personally.

Harbormaster
08-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Only eaten at Smokey Jons once. It was OK.
Fat Jacks BBQ on Monona Dr in Madison is OK too.

Triple T BBQ
08-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Pop across the border to rochester and come see us at Med City BBQ event on Friday night, August 9th, 4pm-12am or 10am-3:30pm Saturday. Rochester, mn fairgrounds. Look for us in the big completion yellow 10x20ft trailer. Will have the southern pride rockin' and our offset running in the competition space.

Smoke Dawg
08-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Probably should specify where in Wi. Plenty of Wisconsinites on board here. I personally have not been to any bbq restaurants as I get plenty at home (I know, I know, signifies lack of commitment). You need to eat some cheese curds while out here.

Green Bay, Port Inland, and Eden. are the locations and it will be next week arriving on the 12th.

Thanks
SD

jaymind
08-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Joes Texas BBQ in Green Bay is probably the best in Green Bay. It's a little shack that does some pretty good Q but can be a little inconsistent. If I in GB, there are other foods I would hit that are iconic of the area like Chili Johns Chili or Krolls for butter burgers. Definitely, fried or fresh cheese curds.