PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a specific Carolina vinegar sauce recipe

Terry Hesticles
07-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I haven't been around much lately, due to not having the time, but I've been Q'ing my arse off on my UDS that I built thanks to this forum.

I remember a few months ago coming across a Carolina vinegar sauce recipe that everyone seemed to really praise. I tried it on pulled pork and holy hell it made the perfect pulled pork even better! I still have some, but I'm worried about it not being good any more. I'm picking up two 7 lb Boston Butts to smoke for my friends and family gathering this Friday to celebrate my brother's birthday as well as Independence Day.

I would like to make a fresh batch, but using the internal search and Google search isn't bringing up what I'm after. Most of the results are for homemade Carolina vinegar-based BBQ sauce. What I'm after is a vinegar sauce recipe that's made by a user here and the only helpful info I can provide is that multiple people seem to praise "[Dude's name here]'s Carolina Vinegar Sauce Recipe".

Does this sound familiar to any one?

mn_big_dog
07-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Shack Attack BBQ Sauce?

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136085

Terry Hesticles
07-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Shack Attack BBQ Sauce?

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136085

That's the one! I knew I'd recognize it once I saw the name! Boshizzle is the man!

Thanks!

PigBeter
07-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Love The Spoonerism Terry! !

Harbormaster
07-02-2013, 05:57 AM
I remember a few months ago coming across a Carolina vinegar sauce recipe that everyone seemed to really praise. I tried it on pulled pork and holy hell it made the perfect pulled pork even better! I still have some, but I'm worried about it not being good any more.
The vinegar content is so high, I can't imagine anything can grow in it to cause it to spoil.

But that sauce kicks ass.

Lake Dogs
07-02-2013, 06:18 AM
I made some for the first time a few weeks back. It rocks! Thanks Boshizzle!!!

SmokyWoodturner
07-02-2013, 07:24 AM
First Class Sauce!!!!

spinningwheel
07-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Awesome stuff. A little too much vinegar for my Ohio clan so I started cutting it with Sweet Baby Rays at a 50/50 ratio and now they love it.