PDA

View Full Version : PArty Q Question??

northernrescue3321
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
I have the guru Party Q on my WSM. Using it for the first time today. It has done a good job of not letting my smoker go bellow my set point, but I have been having an issue with it going too high. Any suggestions??

Monty1204
06-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Do you have all your dampers closed?
I had that happen to me until I closed all inlets to only allow the air from the PartyQ to enter the cooker. Then my temps stabalized.

northernrescue3321
06-14-2013, 04:38 PM
I had em all closed except the exhaust on the dome. Even that one, in the end, I closed. I think Im going to try doing the cook with water in the bowl this time (did it dry on the last round). Not sure what else I can do, was thinking it may have been the charcoal I was using. My wife grabbed it for me while I was working (cowboy) so it was different from what I normally use. I got some Kingsford to try to use tonight, and will get some RO for next time. Hopefully that fixes it if not than I am stumped

ajstrider
06-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Did you put it through one of intake holes? If so what did you do with the other two or three open holes on that daisy wheel? The PartyQ is meant to be the only source of air intake. If they were open you need to put some heat tape or a magnet over them.

ButtBurner
06-15-2013, 07:28 AM
the ATC must have full control of intake air

When I got first got my Auber, I tested it by turning it off after I was done with my first cook

It should put the coals out. If it does not then there are air leaks

thats my experience anyway

northernrescue3321
06-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I followed every and all instructions from Guru. The only source of airintake is the Guru. Im not sure what is going on. Yesturday it kept running hot and today it wont get up to temp. Not sure what else to do!!

peterz
06-15-2013, 08:50 AM
1- it is a lot easyer to control smoker with water at low temp.
2- if you using the adapter that they send you with the PartyQ that is part
of the problem as well. It is a piece of....
I have PartyQ and DigiQ and rebuild adapters on both of those and its working
great now.
Hope this helps.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/805peter805/CIMG4471_zpsbc144dea.jpg