PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Cooker

Pompompaihn
06-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Relatively new to actually making decent BBQ after getting my first Weber kettle. Question though....I came across one of these Self Clean- The Happy Cooker Commercial- 80s - YouTube (a "Self-Clean" by The Happy Cooker for those that don't want to watch the video) at a garage sale a couple years ago and it's sat in my garage since then. I finally got around to getting it hooked up with a new hose and cleaned the burner off with a wire brush. Seems to work well, but would love to know more about the product. I've seen a little info in "The Happy Cooker" but mostly the Weber charcoal grill knock off. I see some of you have quite extensive collections of grills and would like to think maybe I have a quirky start to my own if I can keep it in working condition.

Brian in Maine
06-10-2013, 04:57 AM
I had a Happy cooker charcoal grill that had a center pedestal instead of legs. There was a rod that went through the center of the pedestal that let you adjust the distance the coals were from the meat. I had that grill for 25 years. It was a good one.