PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Maverick ET 732 Won't Sync

jkolantern
06-02-2013, 02:21 PM
So after much drooling and Amazon refreshing, I broke down and bought a Maverick ET 732, figuring it seems to be essentially "the" remote read thermometer (and the consensus on Thermapen and WSM was spot on).

However, after taking it out of the box, either it is 1) broken; 2) not idiot proof; or 3) I've succeeding in inventing a better idiot. I followed the directions exactly-namely I plugged the probes into the transmitter, then placed the transmitter and receiver inches apart; turned on the receiver; turned on the transmitter; saw the satellite dish icon thingy flashed on each a few times; however, the temperature readings on all three read solid 3 dashes. I hit the re-sync button numerous times, to no change. I also turned the transmitter on and off a few times. Each piece still just reads dashes.

Each unit has brand new batteries (not the ones that came with it, ones directly from a new package).

Any thoughts? Did I get a lemon?

flyingbassman5
06-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Is there a minimum temp that the probe must be at to show a temp. Something like 125*? My pit temp probe (not a 732) is like that. Had me confused too the first time I pulled it out of the box. Works great under heat though.

The_Kapn
06-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Be sure your probes are fully seated into the transmitter.
To me, the 732 takes a "firm" push to seat the connection properly.

Just something to try. 8)

TIM

aawa
06-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Sounds like you need to push the probes into the transmitter more snuggly. If that doesn't work call Maverick Customer Service and they will replace things for you.

Teamfour
06-02-2013, 02:39 PM
^^^This. Make sure you really push the jacks into the hole. Also make sure you don't have the probes in the wrong holes. An ET732 will read ambient temps.

Happy Hapgood
06-02-2013, 03:28 PM
What They said. Sounds like your synced just no input from probes to transmitter. Also after firmly reseating the probes, you may have to power down both units and resync

jkolantern
06-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Be sure your probes are fully seated into the transmitter.
To me, the 732 takes a "firm" push to seat the connection properly.

Just something to try. 8)

TIM

This was it exactly! Thanks everybody! Can't wait to test it out tonight!

ButtBurner
06-03-2013, 06:07 AM
^^^This. Make sure you really push the jacks into the hole. Also make sure you don't have the probes in the wrong holes. An ET732 will read ambient temps.

just for reference, it doesnt matter if the probes are plugged into the wrong sockets. they will still work properly