PDA

View Full Version : Help a Canadian with his Amazon.com Order

Socks
05-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Going to the US this weekend and I'm going to put in an Amazon order.

I have a Vision Kamado. I would love a proper heat diffuser for it. Not sure which one to buy.

I'd also like a pizza steel that would work on my grill.

Any recommended rubs for chicken, pork, fish, steaks and vegetables.

What else.. I need a good brush to clean my grill grates with.

Last time I went I stocked up on Morton's Kosher Salt, Chiavetta's, several BBQ sauces it turns out I rarely use, and Tiger Sauce..

aawa
05-29-2013, 05:53 PM
For cleaning your grates, try using balled up foil. Believe it or not it works just as good if not better than a grill brush.

BisonStew
05-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Hey Socks, I was down in Syracuse last month and stocked up on some accessories (bought my Weber down there actually) from HD. I'd go on the both the .ca and .com HD sites and compare prices if you need any new gadgets. Weber brush for example was only 6.99, I can't even find it on the .ca site. The 18.5 kettle is only available by special order up here, mind you I only saved $10 and change. Got a good set of Weber tongs/spatula again don't even see them on .ca site.

smokainmuskoka
05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Have you tried Ontario Gas Barbeque in Vaughan or Sobies in North York for accesories?

You also might want to look in Target - I got a Weber Chimney and a cover for my 22.5" kettle for less than Canadian Home Depot at the Target in Orillia. They had brushes and tongs and stuff too.

aawa's right about the tinfoil ball on grates - it works fine.

Dreggs
05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Try this for pizza iron

Amazon.com: Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch: Kitchen & Dining

Socks
05-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Have you tried Ontario Gas Barbeque in Vaughan or Sobies in North York for accesories?

You also might want to look in Target - I got a Weber Chimney and a cover for my 22.5" kettle for less than Canadian Home Depot at the Target in Orillia. They had brushes and tongs and stuff too.

aawa's right about the tinfoil ball on grates - it works fine.

Yeah I've been to the store in Vaughan, it's HUGE! Just figure I'd like to pad my amazon order while I can at US prices

Haven't thought about Target yet, will check them out, haven't even been in a store yet!

fingerlickin'
05-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I think you can get Plowboys rubs on Amazon, as well as, Slap Yo Daddy, and Dizzy Pig. Get some Blues Hog sauce too.