PDA

View Full Version : Back from the lake with BBQ stories..

flyingbassman5
05-27-2013, 09:17 PM
So I finally got the first taste of summer with a trip down to the west end of Table Rock Lake. Got the ski boat and waverunners cleaned up and running, did some fishing, some relaxing, and of course, some BBQin'.

The lady friend's grandparents have a house there that we stay at and anytime I come down they be sure to have something for me to BBQ. I have done pulled pork and spare ribs for them in the past, along with the typical brats, burgers, dogs, and chicken.

This time though, I had to cook baby back ribs. Which to my taste and preferences, I royally screwed up. They took longer than expected, didn't pass the bend test before the rest of the meal was ready, were pulled too early, were tough, chewy, and overall disappointing.

Please note I normally will only choose to cook spares because I like them better but I had no other choice as the baby backs were bought by my lady friend's grandma and given to me to cook. Out of sincere respect, I kept my mouth shut and said I could cook them no problem. Turns out, I can't.

The brats and burger I did turned out great and the ribs were still enjoyed by everyone else.. :decision:

Hi, I'm flyingbassman5 and I'm my own biggest critic...:mmph:

martyleach
05-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Well, I agree with you. I don't like babybacks at all. The flavor is just not there, IMO. Might as well be gnawing on a pork chop. Glad it was a happy ending. :grin: