PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any brethren in the UK?

Elfmaze
05-20-2013, 08:10 AM
I am trying to order a watch type device from the UK, but they will not ship to the states. Need someone to drop it in a bottle for me and send it across the pond.

SmokinAussie
05-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Watch type device huh... Pray tell, does it come with a pressure cooker around it???
:boom:

:pound::pound:

Johnny_Crunch
05-20-2013, 08:48 AM
I am also looking to ship a flour like substance. Can anyone help?:shocked:

Elfmaze
05-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Lol, Its a very expensive motion sickness remedy. A Relief Band. Works kinda like those little pressure bands you get on a cruise ship, but on steroids. Sends an electric pulse thru the median nerve that disrupts motion sickness. Works great for acrobatic flight.

Anyway, two years ago a pharmaceutical company bought the rights to this little guy and started selling disposable models for twice as much to cancer patients. The remaining stock of pilot and boat ones were sent to the UK with orders not to resell to the US so they will not compete with there cancer version.

Its the only thing that will let me fly, sail, or go on roller coasters without getting sick.

http://www.sportys.com/source/images/products/large/13071.jpg

SmokinAussie
05-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Well, personally, it looks like a load of Snake Oil to me... and I'm a Registered Nurse for what it's worth. I get the connection with the median and vagal nerves but to me it still seems a bit far fetched. The vagal nerve is connected to a whole lot more than just the stomach in any case, and who's to say that electrical stimulation wouldn't work the other way anyway, or at least effect other things as well. Yes, maybe it has a "masking effect", but I can't see that being any more likely than a Vulcan Death Grip, or whatever that was that Dr. Spock used to do.

Anyway, check out the Aussie Web page http://www.reliefband.com.au/.

Maybe this bloke will sell one to you, but I'm not sure about the price. Seems expensive to me for an electical stimulator.. Have you tried one of these...

http://www.retrodrygoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HandBuzzer.jpg

Or maybe a TENS machine in the right place... or accupuncture.

Well, good luck!

Cheers!

Bill

deguerre
05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
It's AERObatics...:wink:

Dad was a fighter pilot. And an aerospace engineer. He was picky about the word.:becky:

SmokinAussie
05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Try this...

http://usshop.sea-band.com/

Or maybe just a hanky and a pebble?

Cheers!

Bill

Elfmaze
05-20-2013, 09:29 AM
The model that went down under is the "Adventure" series. Non replaceable batteries. The "explorer" series all went to the UK.

As to the effectiveness, there is a reason i'm willing to pay almost $200 for it on the black/grey market. Four years of flight training have made me a professional at getting motion sick. :doh: But as always YMMV

Elfmaze
05-20-2013, 10:01 AM
It's AERObatics...:wink:

Oh yes, you are correct. Not the circus stuff

SmokinJohn
05-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Looks like Hammacher-Schlemmer is out:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/75352.asp?source=cj&PID=3482268&cm_mmc=CJ-_-2387704-_-3482268-_-Hammacher+Product+Catalog

To the rest of our brethren:

I think we all have "old wives'" cures for a variety of ailments (olive oil for an earache, keys down the back for a nosebleed, aspirin for birth control).....If this band helps our fellow brother, we do not need to understand why.

Have you check ebay.uk?

Many times, I've found that things the big companies won't ship you the little guys will.

Phubar
05-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Try DR_KY or Esselle...there are other UK Brethren but can't think of another name right now.

pbj
05-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Oh yes, you are correct. Not the circus stuff
Depends on the pilot

deguerre
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Depends on the pilot

They're all barnstormers at heart. Especially the ground attack guys. Don't ask me how I know.:shocked:

SmokinAussie
05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
The model that went down under is the "Adventure" series. Non replaceable batteries. The "explorer" series all went to the UK.

As to the effectiveness, there is a reason i'm willing to pay almost $200 for it on the black/grey market. Four years of flight training have made me a professional at getting motion sick. :doh: But as always YMMV

Well, if you want me to e-mail this bloke and see if he has any of the other ones, then you can pay me via Paypal and I can ship it to you..

Just let me know. I'm sorry I enjoyed taking the p!ss out of you for this, but at heart, I would like to help. If it works for you, then that's fine by me.

Cheers!

Bill

slugmong
05-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Elfmaze, I am in UK, if you are able to buy it I am happy for you to send it to me and I can get it costed for postage to you (and paypal willing) I can send it out to you. Unfortunately my AFPO connection has retired so no really cheap postage!!!!!! however it shouldn't cost too much for a small package.
Gen offer.
Si

buccaneer
05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Clayfish is in Essex.
Essex is full of rogues.
Your call :becky:
:heh:

deguerre
05-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Clayfish is in Essex.
Essex is full of rogues.
Your call :becky:
:heh:

At least it's not Cornwall. They're all pirates.:tongue:

Mark Warren
05-20-2013, 07:03 PM
When I was in the Marine Corps on a Ship from Okinawa Japan to land on Green's Beach Philippines - they gave us a round circle type BandAid to put behind our ear to prevent sea sickness. It is suppose to stabilize you equilibrium. It seemed to work just fine for the most of us.