PDA

View Full Version : What is your Hot & Fast Rib Rub Recipe? - Here's mine.

Pappy
05-20-2013, 08:09 AM
I did my 1st Hot & Fast Ribs.
3 parts Kosher Salt, 1 part black pepper, 1 part garlic powder, 1 part onion powder, 2 parts paprika and a dash of cayenne pepper.

Pulled the silver skin off of the back. Didn't trim any of the fat off. I dusted the ribs with the rub right before I put them on the smoker, bone side down. The WSM was 250 degrees KB & a chunk of kickory. I put the ribs on and I let it rise up to 300. After 2 hours I wraped them in a double layer of foil. Inside the foil with the ribs meat side down, I had splenda brown sugar, honey, Bandanas rib rub, Tiger sauce and Dr. Pepper soda on the top & bottom of the ribs. Smoker was way over 300 when I put them back on the smoker. I closed the vent some to bring the temp back to the 300 range. After 1 hour, I took them out of the foil and put them back on the smoker for 15 minutes to let the outside firm up a little. No sauce. I did pour the sweet juice from one of the foil wraps over the ribs to let that bake on. Smoker was still 300-310 degrees. Total cook time was 3 hours & 15 minutes.

The ribs were some of the best ribs I have made yet. They didn't need any sauce. They were bite off the bone tender and had a decent smoke ring. There were no complaints.

I also made some Cranky Buzzard, Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce to go with it. I did liked the sauce and would make it again. 1 st. time making it.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k591/Pappy1954/Ribs-Moinks-ABTs/IMG_4245.jpg

If you have any more H&F (300 or more) rub recipe please share your recipes.

jmoney7269
05-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Doctored Harley's and olive oil, glaze towards the end

SmokinAussie
05-20-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't have my own... I've got SM Cherry. All I need!

Cheers!

Bill