PDA

View Full Version : beef ribs

pull_my_butt
05-15-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm doing my first beef ribs today and need some insight. I'm doing beef short ribs (individually cut already) and beef spare ribs (also cut already). So, I guess that throws the bend test out the window.

Do ya'll do them just like pork ribs? Do they take longer/shorter or same amount of time to cook than pork ribs?

Thanks.

Ron_L
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Do ya'll do them just like pork ribs? Do they take longer/shorter or same amount of time to cook than pork ribs?

No. Yes.

:becky:

I've never cooked them cut into individual ribs, but I treat them more like a brisket as far as seasoning, etc. For cook time, it really depends on how much meat they have. I cook them until probe tender like a brisket.

wolfkeg
05-15-2013, 12:11 PM
I have never cooked spare ribs cut. The ones I have cooked I would not have tried to cook cut as there was not a lot of meat there. If you have a meaty set I think that would probably be fine. Just like pork ribs, you need to remove the membrane. I would also trim any excess fat if you can. I try to cook them like a brisket. Close in temp/probe tender. Just takes less time to get there. I have done them both foiled and unfoiled, use your personal preference.