PDA

View Full Version : ABS Bar-Be-Cube grill

hogzillas
05-14-2013, 04:29 PM
There wasn't much specific info about them on the ABS site but does anyone have one of these? What are the grate dimentions as well as space between them? Overall weight & how easy for one person to move around for contests? I assume it's heavy enough you'll need to tranport on a trailer but can 1 person move it on/off the trailer fairly easy? How good is it at smoking vs grilling? Any other comments on it/best upgrades to get?

I'm looking to upgrade sometime soon for competitions next year & saw it.

bluzieq
06-05-2013, 06:00 PM
The racks are 21&1/2 square,3inches apart 4 slide out then one on top is 2 half racks.this thing will cook some really good food.the fat drips on the metal heat transfer plates and vaporizes like on a lang. It weighs ,about 300 or so,mine is on a trailer.it is well made,but I can't very long burn times.did 5 butts last night,man they were pretty but after 3 and 1/2 hours had to reload.tried every way I can think to make it longer,had 2 thin firebricks on edge to make a u shape ,put the metal plates in a u that came with it etc... thinking of getting a wider and shorter fire basket like backwoods and maze it, may have to modify the pull out drawer though.all in all I like it on shorter cooks but on butts ?. Tried to contact abs but no answers.think you would like it.

hogzillas
06-05-2013, 06:27 PM
So drawback is the charcoal tray design for longer cooks? I'm typically a high heat on butt/briskets (300ish) vs slightly lower for ribs/chicken (275).

bluzieq
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah, other than that this thing is a chicken and rib machine. The more in it the better. Just wish someone could tell me how to at least get a 5 hr burn. Now I used kingsford in it full with my guru I did get over 4 hrs but the temp got to 293 with guru set for 250. So you may get better results.also if I cook one butt I use a water pan.