PDA

View Full Version : Maverik ET732

Faston
04-29-2013, 08:39 AM
I am considering buying one once again after deciding not to buy due to all the negative posts I see about this product concerning range distance, failed probes/cables supported by the fact the the factory only warranty's the unit for 90 day.

Functionally however, when working properly I believe that I would love it.

Should I pull the trigger? Is there better options out there?

gaspipe1
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I have one and had it for a few years. I think it's a must own for overnight cooks. I have never had any issues so I may be partial.

5-0 BBQ
04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
I think you will like the unit. I have had mine for a few years and I am still using the original probes.

The 732 is a great unit. I have sold around 5,000 in the last couple of years with very few issues. When issues came up, Maverick took care of my customers.

When you say you have seen bad reviews could you be reading about the ET-73? I know there was a lot of things that people did not like about the 73.

We sell the ET-732 in Black. Here is a link: http://bbqequipmentstore.com/NEW-Maverick-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer-ET-732-ET-732.htm

http://bbqequipmentstore.com/images/1363633816760919823118.jpeg

DubfromGA
04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Mine has been running great for the past year.

I use it on butts, briskets, turkey and chicken every few days.

Range is awesome.

Some people are just ridiculous in their expectations, though. They attempt to use them in 600 degree steak cooks or dunk the probe & wire in pans of broth for hours on end.

I view this as a tool. Tools wear out. If I get another year of frequent use from my unit, then I'm pleased with the $50 cost.

Get the unit. Don't look back. Don't do what I did and go through 2 lower cost units first before finally buying a Maverick. I wasted money.....should've listened.

DubfromGA
04-29-2013, 09:15 AM
I think you will like the unit. I have had mine for a few years and I am still using the original probes.

The 732 is a great unit. I have sold around 5,000 in the last couple of years with very few issues. When issues came up, Maverick took care of my customers.

When you say you have seen bad reviews could you be reading about the ET-73? I know there was a lot of things that people did not like about the 73.

We sell the ET-732 in Black. Here is a link: http://bbqequipmentstore.com/NEW-Maverick-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer-ET-732-ET-732.htm

http://bbqequipmentstore.com/images/1363633816760919823118.jpeg

I like the black one !

John Bowen
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM
I am happy with mine - have not had it that long but it gets heavy use. On overnoght cooks I get to watch some tv or even nap some with a piece of mind.

Freddy j
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Love the 732! I've not had any problems with the probes (using original) and i love the unit.

i DID have a problem losing connectivity one day, but a quick battery replacement solved that problem quickly and easily.

aawa
04-29-2013, 09:32 AM
I love my ET-732. It has worked perfectly fine for me since August using it 2-3 times a week. I did have to get a new probe since my roommate submerged it when he was trying to be helpful. I bought a replacement probe from 5-0BBQ's store and it came super fast. I definitely recommend using 5-0bbq's web store, great customer service!

robmill70
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
I have had my ET-732 for over a year and never had any problems with it.

woodbutcher1
04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Go for it. I purchased my white ET-732 from 5-0 BBQ back in Sept. 2011. The only issue i had was self induced. Steve took care of my problem after i called him. Thanks again Steve. I also purchased two 6' long uni-probes from him. This probe can be used either as a food,or pit probe. They are still in their original packaging. I bought them ........just in case.

As far as range issues that some people have ???? I have no clue. I had my receiver 650 ' down the street and it worked flawless. I am very satisfyed with mine and would recommend it to anyone.

ButtBurner
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I have one, its been fine.

The big problem I had was getting them to talk to each other when I first got it.

Then I read online somewhere (I did not see this in the instructions but it might be in there someplace) was to make sure you turn the receiver on first, then the transmitter.

Once I started doing that it has worked flawlessly. it was hit or miss otherwise

yakdung
04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Caveat emptor.

wolfkeg
04-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I like mine fine. The one complaint I would have would be the cheap probes. I have not had a problem with them yet, but I also have a oregon-scientific that has a much beefier probe/wire for less money, so they can be made. It only has one temp input though.

No complaints on the range. I have a 3 story brick house and have had no issues where ever I am in the house

ButtBurner
04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
I like mine fine. The one complaint I would have would be the cheap probes. I have not had a problem with them yet, but I also have a oregon-scientific that has a much beefier probe/wire for less money, so they can be made. It only has one temp input though.

No complaints on the range. I have a 3 story brick house and have had no issues where ever I am in the house

I agree the probes are crappy

I also have a $300 Fluke that uses industry standard K type thermocouples that are inexpensive and interchangeable and a lot higher quality.

I have this meter for work but I use it at home too ;)

But its not wireless either

smokeisgood
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I have two, a white one for Pork and a black one for Beef. (makes it simple to keep track of which one is in the brisket) No problems with either. READ THE DIRECTIONS.....yes, it's in there, you have to turn the receiver on before the transmitter....(don't ask me how I know) and the probes must be fully seated....the alarms make it a worry free snooze in the middle of the night....

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
04-29-2013, 02:39 PM
I've had mine for almost a year with no issues. You'll need to be sure to keep the probes being the only parts in contact with moisture and be careful not to kink the braided wires. If you take some basic precautions, this thing is a great tool to have.

Smoking Bruin
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I really hated the ET-72. The ET-732 works great though!

ddweatherholtz
04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
I just ordered one today, we can experiment together.
Amazon.com: Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Happy Hapgood
04-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Mine is 2 years old and no problems. Keep good batteries in it.

HankB
04-29-2013, 04:42 PM
I have an ET-732 in basic black. The cooker probe went bad after a few cooks and Maverick sent me a replacement (the one with the six foot lead) without question. I was happy with my ET-73 but wanted the wider temperature range the 732 provides.

IamMadMan
04-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Mine is 2 years old and no problems. Keep good batteries in it.

^ +1 Mine too is at least two years old and used at least twice a week, and in the summer many times more per week. I have never had a problem with the unit or the probes. Of course I do treat them like any of my other tools by handling them with care.

fingerlickin'
04-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Buy it.

Faston
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Buy it.

Yup Yup!!
Gonna do that. There sure is a lot of happy ET732 folks here. Just finished up my first Pork Butt & it would have been real nice to have had a probe in it after I foiled it. Pulled it after almost 9 hrs and it passed the bone test but I think I overshot as internal temp had risen to 207.

I'll be sure to be careful with the probes and the cables. I am guessing the ET732 is a thermistor unit and probably real sensitive to any minuscule leakage current across the probe conductors. So I will be careful with mops and such.

Think I might need a white unit down here on the Texas gulf coast. The sun is remarkably brutal to any materials that are black.

Thanks everybody for the fantastic response to my question!!

superlazy
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Yep get one. I left mine out all night awhile back and it stormed:evil:
It still works:mrgreen:

Desertracer
04-30-2013, 04:33 PM
I love mine!! Have used it several times with no issues at all. It's a great tool to have.

bigbeef24
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Im happy with mine. I like it for a reference with the pit temp gauge.

BobM
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
I've had mine for over a year. The pit probe went bad after about 10 cooks and I had to buy a replacement probe. Otherwise it works well.

Toney Marconi
04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Last time the A/C repair guy was here, he forgot a roll of aluminum foil tape. I wrapped a thin piece around the probe right where the cable meets the probe. This seems to be the weak point of the probes.

Teltum
04-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Got mine last Thursday with a bum pit probe replaced no cost:-)

Vision
04-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Love mine. How else can you relax and watch bbq pitmasters on tv and bbq at the same time? :biggrin1:

superlazy
04-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Last time the A/C repair guy was here, he forgot a roll of aluminum foil tape. I wrapped a thin piece around the probe right where the cable meets the probe. This seems to be the weak point of the probes.
Great idea!!! but is it safe?

Faston
04-30-2013, 09:07 PM

Nice tip, thanks!

Arky Hog
05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
I have used one for about two years, and would not hesitate to buy another when the time comes. Makes a big difference in the quality of the BBQ, when you can get it cooked to the correct temp and the pit is at the desired temp. Have not had issues with the connectivity either, can leave the cooker in the drive, and be working behind the house in the garden with the receiver in my pocket and get a reading on what is happening every time I look.