PDA

View Full Version : New gasser needed

zzrudyzz
04-06-2013, 01:55 PM
I know this is not the most popular of topics here but it is time to start looking for a new gasser. Some times mid week it is nice to fire up the grill and 10 min later have burgers ready to eat.

So with that said I am thinking I am going to get a weber 330. Dollar for dollar I havent found anything else that can rival it. Is there somthing else I should look at before i pull the trigger? Also dose any one know if HomeDepot runs these as a special for Memorial/Labor day? If the deal is good enough I will wait until then to grab one.

Thanks for the help

Toney Marconi
04-06-2013, 02:00 PM
That's a nice Farkin' grill. I always give them a quick look whenever I'm in Lowes or HD. I can't recall ever seeing them on sale.

LMAJ
04-06-2013, 02:01 PM
You can't go wrong with a Weber. We have had our Genesis B for at lease 10 years and its still going strong. Easy to clean and replace any necessary parts.

Ron_L
04-06-2013, 03:03 PM
My Genesis Gold B is going on 15 years and needs some rehab. I'm probably going to turn it into my coffee roasting grill since my last one got trashed in a thunderstorm and if I replace it it will be with either an E330 or an S330. Yeah, there are cheaper grills, but I like the way the Weber gassers cook and they last a long time. I think you've made a good decision.

Around here I never see deals on Weber grills unless it is a display model at the end of the season and there will be a newer model in the spring.

Wetsmoke
04-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I own a Q300 and a Q320, I believe for the dollar you can't beat the Q's for Weber quality and the ability to service these grills if you ever even need to. As for ease of use, they work like a charm and have a big enough grill to cook for a small army if needed. Pretty economic with propane also.

Ron_L
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
I own a Q300 and a Q320, I believe for the dollar you can't beat the Q's for Weber quality and the ability to service these grills if you ever even need to. As for ease of use, they work like a charm and have a big enough grill to cook for a small army if needed. Pretty economic with propane also.

Sorry to jump in on zzrudyzz's thread, but how do the Q's sear? When I do use the gasser it's for a quick dinner on mights when I have late meetings and that usually means burgers, chops or steaks. I like the 330 since it has the extra burner for searing.

caseydog
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Yep, my dad's Genesis is at least ten years old, and it's kept outside.

The Genesis and Summit lines are made in the USA, too.

VF

Toney Marconi
04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
The last time I needed a gasser, I figured I had three real choices
1 - Go out and spend $150 or so on a piece of sh1te big box grill that would cook like crap and fall apart in a couple of years.
2 - Spend $600+ and get a decent grill.
3 - Find and old Weber and rehab it.

I chose option 3. I found a decent Three burner older Genesis Silver for $50. Used it for a few years and had to replace the flavorizer bars, the burners still look like new. The thing cooks like new and I see no reason to replace it in the near future. Of course there was an incident on the way home which resulted in this

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/ToneyMarconi/IMG_1345.jpg

and this

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/ToneyMarconi/IMG_1368.jpg

If I needed another gasser, I would do the same thing (minus the mishap)

Gnaws on Pigs
04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I have a Char-Griller Pro Duo that I've had for several years and love it. About $300 at Lowe's. It's a good-sized three-burner gas grill on one side, and a big barrel charcoal grill on the other side, and you can put a side fire box on it. The gasser works well for everything I need it to-it gets hot enough to sear a steak, and more importantly, will turn down low enough to do some serious cooking of stuff. The charcoal side is even better. Even though I have everything from kettle to kamado-type to trailer-type cookers, I love that barrel grill for general grilling.

samfsu
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
You can't go wrong with a Weber. We have had our Genesis B for at lease 10 years and its still going strong. Easy to clean and replace any necessary parts.

+1 on this. Have had mine for 11 years now and still going strong. I love it when I dont feel like starting a charcoal fire but now that I have the performer with gas assist, Ive been using that a lot :)

zzrudyzz
04-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys I think I will just pull the trigger and spend the money and get something that will last for a while. Too many good things to be grilled to not have the right tools.

willbird
04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I have a Char-Griller Pro Duo that I've had for several years and love it. About $300 at Lowe's. It's a good-sized three-burner gas grill on one side, and a big barrel charcoal grill on the other side, and you can put a side fire box on it. The gasser works well for everything I need it to-it gets hot enough to sear a steak, and more importantly, will turn down low enough to do some serious cooking of stuff. The charcoal side is even better. Even though I have everything from kettle to kamado-type to trailer-type cookers, I love that barrel grill for general grilling.

I really do not use a gasser much, but wife has this romantic notion she will walk out on the deck after work and grill a hot dog on a gasser (in reality she probably will NOT). She has her heart set on one of these.......

Amazon.com: Char-Broil TRU Infrared Urban Gas Grill with Folding Side Shelves: Patio, Lawn & Garden

They make two similar models and I am not really seeing anything but sytlistic differences ??

http://www.charbroil.com/grills/tru-infrared-grills/char-broil-commercial-t-22d-model-463241013.html

http://www.charbroil.com/char-broil-performance-t-22d-model-463270612.html

Bill

Bbq Bubba
04-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Outstanding! :cool:

BobM
04-07-2013, 08:50 AM
I have a Weber Genesis S-330, it's a great gas grill.

polishdon
04-07-2013, 09:29 AM
I just put my new weber spirit e-210 to use yesterday. Great little gasser, I had enough with buying a $200 grill every 4 years and decided to bite the bullet this round.

PaPaQ
04-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Don't forget about the customer service, it makes it worthwhile.