PDA

View Full Version : Chicken and Dumplings

brdbbq
02-08-2006, 01:17 PM
We been doing Betty Crocker Chicken and Dumplings out of the box lately, you just add your fresh chicken. Good meal for during the week, done in a crock pot.

Kevin
02-08-2006, 01:31 PM
I make home made chicken soup. The OL makes the home made thick egg noodles. Last time I tried, you could use em for a wedge to split wood. Harder than a wedding *****.

Brauma
02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
We've been doing the chicken & dumplings crotch pot meals lately too. Damm good!

The_Kapn
02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I thought Karen and my Mom made great Chicken Dumplings.

Then, we went to a place outside (to the east) of Portland, OR.
Can not remember or find the name, but it is on one of the beautiful rivers up there.
Dumplings were the size of a small soccer ball or a HUGE grapefruit--half of a chicken to make it taste right!
Never figured out how they cooked the dumplings all the way through to perfection like that :redface:

Comfort food, for sure.
No matter how they are done.

TIM

rookiedad
02-08-2006, 08:20 PM
ooooohhweee... dumplings!! thats one of my favorites! i never cooked it in a crock pot though, but i got a crock pot for a gift a while back and i want to try it. how do you do it?
phil

Smoker
02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
One of my favorites was chicken croquettes and mashed potatoes. Most Diners here on Long Island don't make them anymore.

brdbbq
02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
ooooohhweee... dumplings!! thats one of my favorites! i never cooked it in a crock pot though, but i got a crock pot for a gift a while back and i want to try it. how do you do it?
phil

Betrty Cocker in the Box.

Bill-Chicago
02-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Betrty Cocker in the Box.

Does that little talking hand jump out of the box and help you, like on the commercial.

You ever wonder what that little hand would be good for?

Brauma
02-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Oh the possibilities...

VitaminQ
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM

Pick your nose?

Bill-Chicago
02-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Pick your nose?

24/7 Pocket Pool

backyardchef
02-09-2006, 12:49 PM
24/7 Pocket Pool

But I don't need any help with that.....:eek:

Gatordawg
02-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Crock Pot cooking is good.. Put some roast in and pour a full bottle of cue sauce on it and cook it for about 8 hours.. falls apart in your hands... mmm good... Glad to hear the Betty Crocker's are pretty good. gonna have to give her a try

Kevin
02-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Crock Pot cooking is good.. Put some roast in and pour a full bottle of cue sauce on it and cook it for about 8 hours.. falls apart in your hands... mmm good... Glad to hear the Betty Crocker's are pretty good. gonna have to give her a try

Just finished eatin a crockpot of country style ribs cooked in sauce for 8 hours. Not the best thing in the world, but mighty fine eatin. Stove top cornbread stuffing and a can of corn. I'm happy.

Bill-Chicago
02-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I threw a chusck in 6 cups beef broth last night in the crock liner (love the removable ones), and into the fridge.

5 am, dropped the stuff into the heater on high, went to work.

Wife turned to low at 8:30, and went to work.

Daughter added veggies, Tony C's gravy powder, and 1/2 cup Diatilini noodles at 3:30pm

6:30pm, home for a great pot roast type dinner. No fuss, no mess

racer_81
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I threw a chusck in 6 cups beef broth last night in the crock liner (love the removable ones), and into the fridge.

Crockpot Condom Mod

Bill-Chicago
02-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Crockpot Condom Mod

No, not them.

I got 3 crocks. 2 of them are one piece units.

The large 6 quart has a removable ceramic crock, the heat element stays on the counter.

Its pretty cool. Mix up your stuff the night before, put in fridge, no prep in the morning, drop it in.